Chapter 24

"I actually have a surprise." I said to Levi as we walked to the reception area. There was a path to it through one of the gardens here.

"You're pregnant?!" He exclaimed and placed his hands on my stomach. "No, get off." I said and slapped his hands away.

"It's about my job." I said.

"Chelsea, we just got married. Let's not put a damper on our day with that issue." He said. I sighed. "You're right, but sooner or later you're gonna find out about it." I said. He stopped us abruptly. Levi grabbed my face in both his hands. "Listen, I know there was a lot of emotions dealing with that subject but babe, can we please focus on the fact that we just got married? I love you, Mrs. Anderson and that's all that matters right now. That and the fact that I'm hungry but still. I love you, now come on. We're missing our reception." He said and kissed me. Levi resumed to pull me along with him.

As we got nearer to the reception, the music could be heard. We walked straight in but no one noticed us. Levi and I were soon on the other side of the courtyard. "And I now present Mr. and Mrs. Anderson!" The DJ announced. Everyone looked towards the entrance. "We're over here!" Levi shouted. There was a spotlight shining at the entrance waiting for us to appear. The funny thing was is that we already walked in together.

"Yo! We're here already!" Levi shouted and waved his hand. Everyone turned and clapped when they saw us. After a few opening statements, the reception started. The servers started to bring out trays of food. "Oh yeah, this is what I've been waiting for all day." Levi said before he started eating.

"Sometimes I think you love food more than you love me." I said.

"And sometimes I think you love my athletic skills more than me. Who would've thought that you, Chelsea Jane, would marry a Major League Baseball player?" He joked.

"Me." I answered seriously but then soon broke into a smile. After we ate, some of the guests and members of the wedding party were asked to give speeches. They were all amazing speeches. Some made me laugh, some made me cry, and some I can't remember because Levi was messing with me the whole time.

Someone started to tap the microphone. "Is thing on?" My mother said quite loudly into the mic. "Yes, its on, Mrs. P!" Levi yelled. She helped a thumbs up to him. "Thank you Levi. Always so helpful." She said to him.

"Always." He said with a wink.

"Watch it." My dad said and everyone laughed. I leaned into Levi as he pulled my chair closer to his. I may as well sat in his lap. The man wouldn't let me go. "Ok, I'm not gonna be long. I just wanted to say a few words to and about my daughter along with my son in law." My mom started. I smiled brightly at her.

"For thirteen and a half years now, I've watched this couple grow. From coparenting a stray bunny, getting into messy adventures, and eventually falling in love, I was there. I believe that there will never be another couple like Chelsea and Levi. Their too unique. I say that to say this. Levi, don't give up when Chelsea is in one of her moods, ok? We both know it'll pass over within an hour. Chelsea, when Levi is being stubborn, don't blow up. We both know he'll eventually give in.

So, congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Anderson. Now bring some grand babies home." She finished. Everyone clapped. Levi and I both hugged her as she went to her seat. During our first dance as husband and wife, Levi started bouncing. "Levi, either you have to go to the bathroom or you're feeling some type of way about this song." I said.

"Both. Come with me." He said and grabbed my hand. We left and entered into a hallway. He still kept bouncing so while he went into the restroom I checked myself out in the mirror. Dang, I make a good looking bride. "You sure do." Levi said as he came out of the restroom. He threw his paper towel away and pulled me close. "You heard that?" I asked.

"Yeah, you kind of said it out loud." He said with a chuckle. "Oops. It doesn't hurt to tell the truth." I said.

"And you say I'm conceited." He joked. I grabbed his face and pulled him closer. "So what's next?" I asked. "First, I'm gonna kiss you like there's tomorrow, then we're gonna say bye bye to our guests, and after that we're leaving." He explained. I nodded. "I'm fine with that as long as I can change clothes after this." I told him.

He nodded, not really listening to what I said and kissed me. He really did kiss me like no tomorrow. Levi led us back to the reception to say goodbye to our guests. "Ok folks, I think it's time my wife and I head out. We will see you soon. Thank you all for coming and making our day special." Levi said into the microphone. I was currently changing in one of the rooms but I could hear Levi's loud voice clearly.

I changed into a pair of khaki shorts and a dressy coral top with gold sandals. When I met Levi downstairs, he was sort of matching with me. Before the doors opened to let us leave, we hugged our parents. The door opened and as we ran out rice was thrown. Levi opened the door for me and I hopped in. Once he started to drive I sat back in my seat.

"Oh no you don't. Do not go to sleep." He said. I sighed. "I'm sleepy." I whined.

"No. I want you awake for this." He said as he drove. I huffed. He reached over and grabbed my hand. "Come on now, don't be upset. It's our wedding day. I just wanted to see your face when you found out where we were going." He said with a smile. I frowned.

"Smile." He ordered. A smile slowly formed across my as he handed me an envelope. I opened it and gasped. "Naw, this can't be happening!" I squealed in excitement. He laughed.

"It's clearly printed on the ticket, sweetheart." He pointed. I slapped his hand away and stared at the tickets in amazement. "Paris, France. Oh wow, Levi. This is a new adventure just calling our names." I said.

"I know. That's why I got the tickets, the room, the services, the-"

"I get it, Levi. Baby, this is wonderful. Thank you so much." I said and reached over to give him a hug. He hugged me back as much as he could, considering that he was driving. I sat back and watched as we made our way to the airport.
-
After getting our passports stamped and stepping foot on that plane, sleep took over. The next thing I knew, Levi was shaking me away. When we arrived to our hotel there wasn't too much of a wait to get into our room. I walked to the balcony with a champagne glass in hand. Levi came and wrapped his hands around my waist.

"Ready to tear this city up?" I asked.

"As long as I got my wife with me while I am." Levi said and kissed me.