Chapter 26

Months Later: because I'm an impatient person;

"I can't stand you, Levi!" I yelled as I looked through the fridge. Levi's hearty laughter could be heard from inside the kitchen. He was in our room watching a game and I was on a mission to find my pineapple I'd hidden the night before. He ate it all. My bump was visible now and my monthly checkup was tomorrow. I try my best not to get into a fist fight with Levi but it's tempting when he steals my fruit. I always try to remind myself that he's my husband and I love him.

I walked into our room and Levi was still snickering. "You're mean." I complained. He shrugged and rolled over onto his back. Levi stared at me upside down. "And you have a temper." He stated with a smile. I rolled my eyes and made my way to the bed. I tried my best to hop into the big bed but failed. "Levi, a little help here?" I asked. He looked at me then turned his attention back to the tv.

"You can't stand me, remember?" He asked. Usually, he'd wrapped his big hands around my waist and lift me into the bed but today he was being stubborn. "Really?" I asked. He just looked at me once again. I huffed and reached for the stool I had stowed away. "You're so difficult." I muttered as I climbed the stool.

"And you're a big meany." He said. I just laughed like he did earlier. Levi sat up and looked at me incredulously. I blew him a kiss and he pretended to dodge it. I blew another and he did the same thing. I pulled out my phone and blew a kiss to his picture which was my lock screen. The picture showcased a smiling Levi. "At least this Levi loves me." I said and stuck my tongue out him.

He crawled towards me and flopped beside me. "You know I love you." He said with his head on my shoulder. He kissed my shoulder and leaned down to kiss my belly. "And I love you too, peanut." He said to my stomach. "Awe, look who's being a sweet daddy." I gushed with a huge smile. I pinched his cheeks. Levi just looked up at me. "You were just being mean to me not too long ago. Choose one, momma bear, so I can choose my next steps wisely." He said.

"Well, right now, I just wanna love on my husband but you seem to not want that." I said and folded my arms. He unfolded my arms and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "You can love on me all you want. After all, I do have a lot of love to give. Ain't that right peanut?" He motioned towards my belly. I just laughed.

-

"Wake up, momma bear. We got an appointment to get to."

I groaned and pushed Levi's face away. "Aw, come on. Don't be like that now. Get up so we can leave." He said. I opened one eye. "And we have one eye open. That's progress. Come on and open the other one." He teased. I groaned once again.

"Do I have to?" I mumbled.

"Yes, baby. We have to go and see what peanut's gender is." He told me. I sat up slowly and got out the bed with Levi's assistance. I walked to my closet and picked out a nice sundress that showed off my bump. After showering and putting on the dress, I paired it with sandals and left my hair down in a natural wavy look. "Beautiful." Levi said and we left.

"Anderson." The nurse called. Levi and I got up to follow the nurse to a room. While she was taking my vitals I saw the way she was looking at Levi. He winked at me while she was taking my blood pressure. "Excuse me, nurse?" Levi called.

"Call me Amy." She said flirtatiously. Levi smiled politely. "Amy. Could please hurry when you leave and get the doctor? My wife hates the cold offices here." He asked. She cringed at the word wife. She looked at me and smiled politely. "Sure thing." She said and left after finishing. I looked over at Levi. He smiled. "You ain't slick. Didn't think I'd notice huh?" He asked. I turned my head and started to poke around with things in the office.