Chapter 34

Swing after swing, ball after ball. "Levi, we have been here for two whole hours. How long are you gonna bat?" I asked him and looked as his shirtless figure took another swing. He looked over to me with a raised eyebrow. "Don't raise that eyebrow at me." I said with a pointed finger. He sighed and dropped the bat. He came out the cage and sat beside me. Matthew pulled at Levi's arm and crawled his way into his lap.

"See? Matthew even wants to know." I said and kissed Mathew's cheek.

"Ok, I'll take a break. And to answer your question, thirty more minutes." He said. Matthew shook the noisemaker in his hand and babbled on about something. Levi started to play with him. My phone rang so I got up to take it. I looked down and it was my boss.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, Mrs. Anderson. I know you're not in the state currently but I had to call to thank you for all of your hard work. Our injured players are doing way better than when they started."

"Oh thank you! I'm glad their doing better." I said and looked over to Levi and Matthew. Levi was trying to get Matthew to hold his bat. I smiled.

"It's all because of you, thank you." He said.

"No, thank you. It isn't all me. They have a sense of motivation." I said. Levi gave up with the bat and gave him a ball. Matthew's first move was to put it in his mouth but Levi stopped him. Soon he threw.

"Well like is said before, thank you! I'll see you when you're back!" He said.

"Ok, bye now." I said and hung up. I walked back to the bench. "We have a pitcher on our hands, Chelsea." Levi said with smile. I chuckled.

"I see that." I said with a smile. Mathew reached for the ball again. Levi gave it to him and placed him on the ground. Matthew could stand on his feet soundly but he wasn't to the point of walking yet. Or so I thought. Levi tapped my shoulder lightly. I looked up from the game I was playing and quietly gasped.

Matthew tottered slowly towards the ball he threw. Quickly, I videoed it. He picked up the ball and walked his way back to us. I smiled and cheered. "Oh my gosh, Matthew! You're walking now, bud!" I said to him excitedly. He just giggled. Levi chuckled. "Come on, let's go celebrate this little milestone." He said and grabbed up his stuff.

I picked up Matthew and grabbed my things. We made our way to the truck and I buckled Matt in. "Where we headed?" I asked as Levi got in.

"To the ice cream shop." He answered. I nodded and pulled my seatbelt on. Once we pulled up to the ice cream shop, Matthew was sound asleep. When Levi got out I noticed that he was still without a shirt. The view was good, believe me, but I could see the women from inside ogling at him. When he opened my door I grabbed his arm. "Sir, you don't have a shirt on. Haven't you heard of no shirt no service?" I asked. He chuckled.

"I'm gonna put a shirt on, baby. I know how jealous you get." He said with a wink. I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, jealous." I said. He laughed and kissed my forehead.

"Come on let's go get some ice cream." He said and picked up a sleeping Matthew. He held him in one arm and held my hand also. We walked in and got scoops of ice cream. While eating the ice cream, Matthew woke up. I sat him in a high chair and gave him a small bowl with a spoon. Some of his ice cream made it to his mouth but most of it found its way to his shirt. But mostly the bib I put on him.

I looked over to Levi and he was on his second bowl of double scoop ice cream. "How are you gonna go from working out to pigging out on sweets like that?" I asked with a laugh.