Chapter 8

Levi
Wow she changed. I couldn't help but look at her during the camp. So here I am, a rookie in the MLB. I felt proud of myself. And of all people, Chelsea is my head trainer. I still love her and I'm not gonna let her slip through my fingers. That girl is just so dang stubborn. Over the last years, things have went downhill for us.

After that thanksgiving of freshman year in college, we kept a distance from each other. Sophomore year we became friends. Junior year we fell apart, and I got a girlfriend. She was different but I didn't like it. She wasn't Chelsea. Rachel was very picky and annoying. That relationship made me realize how much I still loved Chelsea. I broke things off with the girl. Senior year was my highlight year.

Chelsea and I drifted apart again but my feelings still remained. I was drafted after graduation and now here I am. I looked as Chelsea walked in. She had a bat on her shoulder and she looked absolutely amazing. I knew she wanted to make it big but an athletic trainer for the MLB was just over the top amazing. I watched as she interacted with the guy who just spoke to us about her.

His name was Mike. Apparently they knew each other well because they did a handshake. I wasn't worried because he had a friendly vibe from him. After they spoke she came and greeted us. Her voice like silk as she talked. When she finished Mike came and showed us the stretches we'd do before and after every practice. We stretched with him and Chelsea. She got up and had us jog or "take a trip" as she says, with her.

She then split us into groups. This whole day I never got to talk to her but I did after practice though. We didn't do much talking like I wanted. She told me that she'd think about it after training camp. Training camp was only one week before they put us with the veterans. I got in my truck and headed to my condo. No need for a house when it's only me there. Hopefully that'll change soon.
-
Chelsea
I walked into my two bed apartment and headed towards the shower. After showering I pulled on a pair of comfortable sweats and an old softball t shirt. I looked down at the sweats I had on and noticed some certain lettering. The words MHS Baseball on the leg. "Really." I said out loud. These were Levi's pants. Of all people, these were his pants that I had on.

My buzzer rang and I went to answer it. I looked on the screen and saw him. "Levi what do you want?" I asked.

"Let me in." He said.

"No." I said.

"I have food." He bribed. Buzzzzzzzzzzzz

What? The guy had food. How can I turn that down? I heard a knock on the door and opened it. Levi stood there in sweats and a hoodie looking scrumptious. Chelsea! Right, sorry, bad thoughts. I let him in. "So is there a reason why you show up to my apartment with food right now?" I ask.

"Well, I figured that you'd be hungry. Which you always are and that we should catch up." He said. I gave him a 'really' look. He chuckled. "Yeah." He said and handed me a bag from Wendy's.
-
"This is unprofessional of us." I said as I sipped on my lemonade. Levi looked over at me while he scrolled through channels on my tv. "Definitely." He said.

"So what was that about catching up?" I asked. He sat up. "Oh! Yeah, I wanted to catch up with you seeing that the last time we really talked was almost four years ago. That's way too long in my book." He said. I nodded, remembering that day. It was horrible but let's not dwell on the past. "Ok, so start." I said and sat back. "Ladies first." Levi said with that annoying smirk of his. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, after graduation last year, I went into training with the agency I'm with now. After working for about seven months with them, I was transferred to a MLB team. Your team. I've been their official head trainer for about three months and have been working with them ever since. Tomorrow marks ten months for me becoming an official athletic trainer." I said and he nodded.