Chapter 5

After our victory, I posed for pictures with the team and individual teammates. I took pictures by myself and some with my family. Also with the Anderson boys. All except one. I headed to my truck and stopped when I saw a big basket and balloon sitting on the hood along with Levi. "Hey." He said.

"Hey." I said. He hopped down and gave me the basket. "Thank you." I said while looking straight at him. "You're welcome. I saw the grand slam." He said and held up the ball that was hit over the field. I smiled at the memory. "I know that you didn't come here only to give me the basket and show me the ball. What's going on Levi?" I asked. He sighed.

"I'm sorry about how I acted earlier." He said. This was the first time Levi apologized openly after doing something to make me upset. "Why are you doing this?" I asked. He looked at me. "Doing what?" He asked. I motioned around us. "This. The basket, the niceness, the apology." I said.

He sighed. "I'm trying, Chelsea. I'm really trying." He said. I just looked at him. "You don't get do you?" He snapped. I jumped back a little but my face stayed neutral. I guess I didn't answer him for a long time. "Get what, Levi?" I asked. He came closer and grabbed my hands. "I'm doing this for you. I want us to be something more." He said.

"Then do something about it." I said and turned to leave. I couldn't deal with this. Every time he told me something like this there was never any action behind it. I drove to the restaurant where the team was meeting. That night was fun.
-
Today was Wednesday and I hadn't heard from Levi ever since my game. He hasn't been to my house ever since. I see his truck around town so I know that he hasn't left town. Tomorrow I make my decision and decide the contract. It's either Mississippi or Florida. It was one o'clock in the morning. I know that Levi was up right now so I decided to call him. If he answers and we talk about it, I'll stay but if he doesn't then I know where he stands.

I scrolled through my phone and clicked his name. The phone started to ring. I thought he picked up but instead the stupid voicemail person's voice filled my ears. I tried again and the same thing happened.

Well Levi. I know where you stand now.

I'm tired of waiting. I was waiting for him to make that move. When I said to do something about it, I meant it. For him and I to be together. But he didn't budge. I've always known Levi to be stubborn but not this stubborn. Clearly he didn't want to fight hard enough. But something in the back of my mind was telling me that he wasn't ignoring his phone.

I have no time to wait around for Levi Bradley Anderson.
-
"It was nice meeting with you." I said to the Florida head coach as I shook his hand.

"You too, Ms. Phillips." He said. I walked out of the office and made my way to my truck. The drive home was quiet except for the tune of the radio. I got home and changed into some comfortable clothes. My phone vibrated and I looked at the screen. Levi's face was there. I ignored it. The last thing I wanted to do was talk to him. He clearly didn't have time for me last night so why now.

It was a reality now. I was going to Florida. The days flew by quickly and before you knew it, I was standing in front of my bed in the dorm room.

My roommate was setting her stuff up since she had just got here. "So, Shaley, you're from where?" I asked.

"New York." She said. I looked her at her amused. "I've never been to New York before. There are plenty of good schools in New York, yet you choose to come here?" I asked.

"I have an academic scholarship here and it was a full ride so this was my choice." She said and I nodded. "I'm here on a sports scholarship." I told her.

"Softball?" She asked.

"How'd you know?" I asked.

"You seem like the softball type plus I saw the pictures." She said. Shaley was actually really pretty. She had long brown hair, green eyes, and was tall like me. She went and pointed to one in particular. "Boyfriend?" She asked.