Chapter 33

Four months later
Diapers, diapers, diapers, and more diapers. "We are freaking knee deep and diapers. How can someone so little poop and urinate so much?" I asked frustratedly to no one as I changed Matthew. He just giggled and played with his little toy in his hand. I smiled down to my growing boy and smiled.

Mathew was learning new things everyday. I made sure he was learning right along with any kid who would be in daycare. I sit down and count numbers with him everyday. He's starting to say little words such as mama and da. He doesn't get the whole word out but when he sees Levi, da is the only thing we hear. He has a love for his dad.

Speaking of Levi, he walked right into the house from outside. He was changing the oil and checking the air conditioners in our vehicles. "Da!" Matthew shouted.

"Hey, Matthew!" Levi said as he washed his hands. He went pick him up but Matthew was faster. He was a fast crawler. We all were getting ready to travel to Mississippi so our families could see Matthew. I had to leave to go run a fitness test for the players this week. I grabbed my keys, kissed Matthew's cheek, and gave Levi a kiss. "I'll be back in about two or three hours." I said as I walked to the garage.

"Ok, we'll be here. Maybe we'll go to the park or something." He said. I nodded with a smile. "Da!" Matthew said again. Levi chuckled. "Looks like he wants to spend time with his dad, so bye mommy." He joked. It rolled my eyes.

"Sounds like a good idea. Love you, see you later and be careful today please." I said and gave more kisses. "Babe, we got this. Go to work. We'll see you when you come home. Love you." He said, kissed me, and shooed me out the door.

Whenever I did make it home I found Levi sleeping on the couch. Matthew was asleep on his chest. I took a picture of that daddy and son moment. I shook Levi awake slowly and picked up Matthew. He opened his eyes and rubbed them. "Hey, you're back." Levi said with a smile and yawn. I nodded.

"Yeah, it didn't take as long as I expected. So for dinner, how about we go out to eat?" I asked. He shrugged and nodded. I took Matthew to his room and laid him down. I went to our room and changed clothes. I put on a pair of skinny jeans and a pretty maroon top. Levi came out of the closet dressed in jeans, his old college baseball t shirt, boots, and his ball cap. I fixed up Matthew's baby bag and fixed bottles just in case.

Levi stepped into Matthew's room to grab him. All of us were matching. Levi's shirt had maroon in it and Matthew's shirt was white with maroon writing. We looked cute. Matthew's car seat was already in Levi's truck so we went in it.

"Table for two and a baby please." Levi said to the hostess. She nodded and looked for a table. While we were waiting I had a chance to observe Levi. Compared to him, I was short. I looked up at him. He held Matthew in one of arms, which made his muscles show a lot more. He looked down to me and winked. "I see you staring at me from the corner of my eye. You like what you see?" He asked. I smirked.

"Yes, I do. Matthew is so adorable." I said. Levi's smirk dropped and I laughed. I looked at Matthew. He was asleep on Levi's shoulder. One thing about Matthew was that he had chubby cheeks like Levi when he was younger. He has long curly hair and his eyelashes are super long. He was the splitting image of his father at his young age.

"Your table is ready." The hostess told us. We followed her to our seat and sat down for a good dinner.
-
"You got everything?" Levi asked.

"Yeah, I just have to make a quick bottle for Matthew real fast." I said as I finished up putting my clothes on. "Ok, how about I make the bottle and you get Matthew to the truck? It won't take long plus that way I can lock up the house." Levi said. I nodded and finished up.