Chapter 14

Stepping foot off that airplane, I took a deep breath. We boarded buses and were taken to our hotels. After I was given my key, I hurried to my room. Mike's room was across from mine. Levi's was on another floor. There was a knock at my door. I groaned and answered it. Levi was standing there. "I can't sleep." He said.

"At three o'clock in the afternoon, Levi?" I asked tiredly. "Is it a bad thing to miss my girlfriend?" He asked as he walked in and laid on my bed. I shrugged and laid beside him. He placed an arm around me and I drifted to sleep.
-
Last month's games went great. We only lost two. I actually forgot about the whole Levi possibly having a child thing. That was until his ex kept calling everyday, all day. Like seriously. She wouldn't even call about the child. She'd call about some irrelevant stuff like what color she should wear often, the type of soup he likes, and marriage. Freaking marriage! Me of all people should know what they talk about. Levi and I are together all time and when she calls he puts it on speaker.

I was currently in the grocery store picking up some things for dinner. Levi and I were going to cook pasta tonight at my place. He wanted to stay over so I figured why not? After collecting the necessary things, I left. A black car sped out of the parking lot really fast as I walked out. During the drive home, I felt uneasy about something. I took a deep breath and switched the radio on.

CRASH!!

Glass went flying everywhere. Warm liquid cascaded down my head. My vision became blurrier by the second. I heard people's voices but they were slowly fading away. My eyes slowly closed. Soon darkness overtook me.
-
Levi
"Where the heck is Chelsea?" I muttered to myself. I finished packing my overnight bag and left. After locking my door, I headed towards my truck. I was stopped by Gwendolyn. "Levi!" She called out. I groaned.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"It's been months since you've seen Beatrice." She said. I sighed. "Why does it matter?" I asked.

"Because you're her father." She said.

"As far as I'm concerned, I have no real proof that she's mine. Until that test comes back, I'll be nowhere near her." I said harshly.

"Then you'd want to look at these then?" She asked and held up an envelope. She handed it to me. I saw the clinic's name at the top and opened it. I read the information. Long story short, I was Beatrice's father. I crumpled the paper and shoved it in my pocket. Gwendolyn had a satisfied smirk on her face. I got in my truck and drove off.

I was angry. I wasn't angry that I was Beatrice's father. I was angry that I had to deal with her mother now. This isn't fair but the deed was done and now I have to take care of my responsibility. Two hours later, I found myself slumped in a booth at a bar. Thinking. Just thinking with a full glass of beer I front of me. It was probably piss warm but who cares. I wasn't gonna drink it anyway.

Chelsea ran across my mind the most. What would she think? How would she react? Would she stay? I picked up my phone and texted her.

Hey, babe. Sorry I'm not there yet. Something came up. We need to talk

I sent the message and waited for her response. Knowing her, she'd take the time to analyze the message then figure out if she wanted to reply back or not. I love her and I know she loves me. We just hadn't voiced our thoughts yet. My phone buzzed and it was an unknown number.

Hey, Levi it's Chelsea. Tonight wouldn't have been good, last minute meetings came up for me. Text me from this number. Got a new one today;)

I sighed and saved the number. After about another hour I went home. When I got there, Gwendolyn was at my door about to knock. She has Beatrice with her. "I have a meeting. Can you watch her?" She asked. I sighed and nodded. The little girl looked up at me and I gave a small smile. Gwendolyn quickly left. I opened the door and we walked in.