Part 9

Jason gets home from school to see his mum and Ra making dinner Jason smiles at how happy they both look and decides to not intrude so he goes into the living area.
"Jason your blushing" Zoe teases and goes to sit beside her brother.
"Can i tell you a secret Jason" Zoe whispers into his ear.
"What is it Zoe?" Jasonn asks with a smile.

"I know it isnt Drew its Ra" she whisper and sits back against
"Dont be silly Zoe it is Drew" Jason says in a serious tone
"No it is Ra because hes kind to me Drew used to be mean to me" Zoe says sadly
"No hes never been that bad Zoe he was a nice guy at heart" Jasons says flatly
"Yeah he was Jason he left me all alone in that haunted house and it was scary" Zoe says upset.
"Oh no Zoe come here" Jason hugs his sister tight.

"He wont do that again I promise he wont. You should have told me sooner" Jason whispers
"I couldn't because it wasn't you for a while then all of a sudden you turned back to you and know Drew is Ra... He is definitely Ra because Drew never hugged me but today when mum took him from hospital and brought him here he hugged me and said he missed me" Zoe says in confusion
"Well thats because Drew has always been nice but because I had a word with him hes going to be nice to you from now on ok" Jason replies sternly.

After dinner Ra and Jason made there way up into Jason's bedroom. Jason turned around to see Ra still running his hands on his jeans.
"What was that again?" Ra asked, looking slightly discussed.
"It was pizza. It's my favourite." Jason laughed.
"It's greasy. Is this all you people eat in this generation?" He asked.
"This generation? How old are you exactly?" Jason asked curiously.
"Well, I was killed about a thousand years ago just being over dramatic, I was a vampire for about 300 years and I was 19 when I was bitten so I guess that makes me about 319 years old." Ra replied simply.
"Umm.. Wow. That's...that's old. I'm just gonna go with 19. It might draw less attention." Jason said nervously. Ra smiled slightly,
"Maybe."
"Do you miss them? Your family, I mean." Ra sighed deeply.
"I don't really remember much about them. After so long memories fade. But what I do remember is good. At least until my mother died." He said sadly.
"I'm sorry." Jason responded.
"It's fine. The past is the past. It's not really important if you have a future right?" Jason smiled as Ra looked up.

As their eyes met a weird thought passed through Jason. This is Drews body. My best friend. But he's dead and Ra is so different, had he always had such green eyes- wait! What was he thinking. Jason didn't know where that thought came from.

He was pulled out of his thoughts by his mother calling from the stairs.
"Boys! It's getting late! You should be getting off to bed now." Ra smiled at Jason.
"Goodnight Jason." Ra said casually
"Night." Jason replied and showed Ra to the spare room he was to move into.

Ra removed his jeans and climbed into bed thoroughly exhausted after an hour he begins to toss and turn "why do I feel so lonely" Ra thinks to himself without having a reply. "This is ridiculous I am going to see if Jasons awake...no I shouldn't disturb him" he continues to toss and turn and continuing the endless babble in his head.

After another hour passes Ra caves in and sneaks out of bed and across rhe hall to Jason room he opens the door slowly and peeks in
"Jay" Ra whispers loudly and looks at Jason sleeping body he tiptoes up to the side of the bed Jason is on and crouches in front of him.
"Jason I can't sleep" Ra whispers and strokes Jasons drak chocolate hair from his forehead "when did his hair become so beautiful and his skin so luxurious. I wont wake the sleeping angel" Ra says in his thoughts before climbing in to rhe other side of Jasons bed "I shall wait till you awaken" Ra whispers as he lays down and drifts of into a blissful sleep.