part 29

I wake with a terrible headache and instant panic sets in when I remember Drew I run over to the bed and see Nitta laying beside his lifeless body, grey pale body I take out the half opened antidote and drip it into Drews rosy moath and I quickly bring my ear down to his cold chest to listen for a heartbeat when I hear nothing I begin to shake and tears well up and run down my cheeks.I struggle and lift his delicate frame of the bed and into my arms "ok lets take you to Ruby" I say out loud in a horse voice as I try and swallow back the lump in my throat.

After a couple of minutes I finally make it back to the all to familiar house I go to knock when Ruby answers the doorr and invites us in " Jason I am sorry there is nothing I can do once the poison sets in, look at him..;" Ruby gestures to Drew limp body in my arms "he already turning to ash" her tone sad "please" I beg in a wobbly voice as my legs give out beneath me and my knees hit the cold hard tiled red floors and Drew lay on my bended legs as if he were asleep "I am sorry sweetie there is simply nothing I can do" her words come at me like pins stabbing my heart I curl into the fetal position around Drew and the tears run down my face like an uncontrollable waterfall "please" I whisper my breath coming out in short wisps and my vision blurring "there is nothing I... can ... do" Ruby says firmly and kneels infrom of me she pecks Drews forehead and in front of my eyes he turns to ashes.