12

Please remember to vote, it would mean a lot to me <3

Emily's POV

I checked if I got my keys and my phone. The two most important things. I shut the front door and walked down the stairs. I decided to walk to school even though Jack had offered a ride. I just thought it would've been really awkward after that little moment we had experienced.

I was greeted with a fresh wind when I stepped outside. I gave myself a pat on the back since I had put the hoodie on.
I put my headphones on and decided to listen to my new favourite song Please Don't Go, by Joel Adam. It was quarter to ten, so I would be just in time at school.

"Em! Hi!" I turned around and saw Alisha rushing towards me.

I hugged her, "Where's Pauline?"

"She's sick. Where were you yesterday?" She asked curiously.

"Erm.. I kind of slept in." I admitted. I was still ashamed about it.

"You? You slept in? You've never done that!" She gasped.

"I know! But Jack came to sleep next to me and-" I started to explain but Alisha cut in.

"Wait what? You slept with Jack?" Her voice was so loud that almost everyone turned to look at us.

Yay.

"Alisha! Keep it quiet." I hushed her.

"Sorry! But you- you slept with Jack?" She repeated confused.

"No! God no! I slept next to him." I facepalmed.

"Oh, why?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Well.. I actually don't know. We've just slept together for a couple of nights." I shrugged. I didn't really think anything about it. 

"Okay? Has something else happened?" We started to walk towards our first class which was history.

"Erm.." I trailed off.

"Oh my, something has happened!" Alisha was excited.

"It's nothing."

"Tell me!" She nudged me.

"Okay okay. This morning we kinda had a little moment. And we were so close to kissing, I leaned in but he just backed away." I explained as we entered to the classroom. I cringed when I said that aloud and at the same time it confused me. Why did he back away? 

"Really? Wow, I didn't know you two were that close." She looked surprised.

I shrugged. We sat down and took our books out.

"I don't even know what is going on between us." I muttered.

"Jack's stupid if he doesn't -"  Alisha started but stopped immediatly when we saw that Jack rolled in with his friends.

"If I don't what?" Jack smirked. Great, he had heard Alisha.

"Nothing!" Alisha waved him off and I probably looked like a red tomato. At least that's what I felt like.