26

Hi! There's really no excuse as to why I haven't updated in such a long time. I just haven't felt motivated. Anywaysss here's a new chapter! You can expect a new chapter next week also...

+ I hope you and your close ones stay healthy during these times :( Let's hope corona ends as quickly as possible...

Please remember to vote, it would mean a lot to me <3

Emily's POV

"Jack stop it." I groaned for the fifth time. Jack was throwing pillows at me because I wouldn't watch Stranger things with him. I had to catch up with my homework if I wanted to get a good grade. 

"Come on, homework isn't that important." Jack was laying on my bed, being annoying as ever.

"You are a bad influence. I've been slacking on my homework ever since I started hanging out with you." 

"You can do homework later." 

"No." I was getting irritated, "You should do your essays too."

"I'll pass the class without doing homework." Jack sounded confident and I snorted. Was he serious?

"What?"

"Nothing." I muttered and tried to understand why methanol was liquid at room temperature.

"You're moody." Jack commented but I ignored his remark.

"What do your parents think about you failing your classes?"

"They don't care." 

I turned to look at him, "They don't care?"

"Well.." Jack stretched his neck, "They cared, but I don't think they do anymore."

"Oh." I wanted to ask more about his parents but I didn't dare.

"If I do one assignment you will watch one episode with me?" Jack offered. The deal sounded appealing but I knew how he did his assignments. He didn't even try to put effort in them. 

"Why don't you call your other  friends?" I said and emphasized the word 'other'. 

"I'd rather hang out with you." Jack said and I tried to hide my smile, "When are we going on another date by the way?" 

I felt butterflies in my stomach. Why was he being so cute?

"Em?" Jack threw another pillow at me.

"I swear if you throw another pillow I will-"

"You will what?" Jack sounded interested. 

"I will kick your ass." 

Jack chuckled, "I'm scared."

"You never answered my question." Jack said when he realized I was trying to end the conversation and go back to my homework. "When are we going on another date?"

"It was not a date." I said. We had had this same argument last night.

"I disagree." 

"Okay?" 

"Did John ever take you out on dates?" 

The question threw me off a bit, "Yeah a couple of times.. why do you ask?"

"I was just wondering." 

"Do you know why methanol is liquid at room temperature?" I changed the subject and hoped he could help me.