28

<3 Thank u for all the lovely dms and comments you write. I hope you're doing good, here's a chapter to (hopefully) brighten up your day... :)

Please remember to vote, it would mean a lot to me <3

Jack's POV

"You know the feeling when you need to pee but you're just too lazy to get up? Because that's what I'm feeling right now."

Emily chuckled from the other end of the sofa, "Well go to the bathroom then."

"But I'm too lazy to get up." I repeated and saw how Emily just smiled shortly. Something was off. But I didn't think I had done anything to upset her?

Yesterday had been fun, we made tortillas together and I was in such a good mood. Mostly because of her. We showed each other our playlists and to be honest her music taste was surprisingly good. I added a couple of her favorite songs to my playlist when she wasn't looking. She was surprised that my playlist wasn't full of rap. 

I met up with my friends last night. I wanted Em to come as well but she said she would only feel like intruding my time with my friends. I told her everyone wanted her to be there but Emily insisted that I went alone. I hadn't lied though, my friends, especially Ethan and Nick liked to spend time with her. It was nice seeing how well she got along with my group.

I dropped Nick off to his hookup's house before coming home last night. The girl was pretty hot, I had spent a couple of nights with her last year, she was really experienced. Everyone had seen the excitement on Nick's face last night, he was almost like a kid in a candy store. I don't blame him.  

Anyway, today Em had been weird the whole morning. She seemed anxious but I couldn't figure out what was going on in that complicated mind of hers. 

"Did you know garden snails can have over 14,000 teeth?" I had read it this morning and I knew how much Emily loved hearing random facts.

"Really?" Emily raised her brows slightly, "That's kinda weird." 

Usually she would google more information about the facts that people told her and she would write it on her notes app. Emily had a whole list of random facts on her phone and they were quite interesting actually. She liked learning new things, especially facts about space.

"What's up with you?"

"What? Nothing?" She acted like she didn't know what I was talking about.

"You're acting weird." I tried reading her emotions but I couldn't. Was she getting sick again?

"I'm acting just normal Jack." She sighed and fiddled with the fabric of her t-shirt.

"No you're not." 

"How am I acting weird then?"

"You don't talk or laugh half as much as usually." I told Em and caused her to roll her eyes.

"I don't have to be talking all the time do I?" 

"You didn't google the snail fact that I just told you."

Emily furrowed her brows, "I can google it if it makes you feel better."

I rolled my eyes, "You seem nervous about something."

She frowned, "I'm not nervous." 

I nudged her with my feet and earned a glare, "Are you mad at me?"

"No."

"Are you sure?" I stared at her. I hadn't done anything to annoy her but I just wanted to be sure.