24

Please remember to vote, it would mean a lot to me <3

Emily's POV

The first two subjects had gone by and it was now time for lunch. I had barely listened what the teachers had said because I just wanted to close my eyes and sleep.

"I think you should see the school's nurse so she could let you go home." Pauline said as we left the classroom, "You really need to rest."

"Mhm maybe you're right." I nodded.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"No, you can go eat." I smiled, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"I don't think you'll be fine by tomorrow." Pauline sounded concerned. We said goodbyes and I started slowly walking towards the nurse's office.

Luckily there was no one in the waiting room so the nurse let me in right away. I told her how sick I felt and how especially my throat hurt. She took my temperature and started to write something down.

"You have a high fever." The nurse told me. "I think you should rest for at least two or three days. Maybe even see a doctor if it gets worse. You can show this to the teachers when you come back." She said and gave me a piece of paper. "Try eating and drinking something, even though you may not want to."

I left the office and looked at the paper. It said "Has a high fever (101.3˚F) and will take 2-3 resting days." The nurse had also written some medicine I could take and finished it with her signature.

"Hi Emily." Someone put their hand on my shoulder. It was Ethan.

"Hi." I coughed. 

"Aren't you going to the cafeteria? It's that way, you know." He pointed behind us.

"I'm going home." I explained and showed him the paper.

"What the fuck?" Ethan gasped when he read the paper, "Why did you even come to school?"

"I didn't feel that sick in the morning." I whispered. Even talking felt difficult at that moment.

"Wow." Ethan was still staring at the paper. 

"Can you let the others know I'm going home." I whispered again.

"Of course." Ethan assured me, "Do you have a ride?"

I shook my head, "I'll just take a bus."

"Fuck no, I will drive you." He chuckled and started walking. "Come on," Ethan said when he noticed I wasn't moving.

"You don't have to do that." I felt thankful for the offer but I knew he would probably miss lunch.

"Of course I do." He rolled his eyes, "Let me take your bag." He offered and I let him take it.

"Thank you." I smiled again.

"Do you have any medicine at your place?" Ethan asked and started the car. It felt good to be sitting again.

I nodded but then realized he couldn't see that. "Yeah I think I have." I answered.

"We could stop at the drugstore near your place if you want."

"No it's okay. I just want to sleep."

The whole ride Ethan was offering to go to the drugstore and a food market for me but I kindly declined his offers. Other than that, the ride went quickly by.

"Thank you for the ride." I said as we arrived to the parking lot.

"Do you want me to hang out with you?" He asked, "I can skip my classes."