Chapter 2: How to be a heartbreaker

Paxton's POV

After last night's party when I woke up I gave away the possibility of going to school today. I had a massive hangover, Max and Alex were snoring loudly and Myra and Kara were nowhere to be found. When I almost gave up the war of getting myself out of these two idiots Myra walked on from the kitchen and handed me my breakfast.

"Getting sandwiched again?" Myra said and laughed at the situation I was in. Usually, I would have laughed my ass off when these idiots slept like that but today was just my bad luck. I sarcastically smiled at her and kicked Max to the stomach. Not to mention he woke up quickly and crouched down to hide the pain I might have caused.

"It was so not funny Pax! You could have hurt me...my..!" Max whined.

"Your what, Max?" Asked Alex, clearly waking up from the commotion while rubbing her eyes.

"You're so mean, Pax. Just let me go to school today then I'll let you know what kind of trouble you're in." Max threatened but I cut him off. My head was already throbbing and if he said another word he was going to be kicked out of the house in no time.

"Hey, guys...I think we're already late for school. Don't you think we should be ready by now?" Kara's voice stopped our ranting and we ran to our own rooms to get ready. In the way, I took an aspirin so that I could stop the hangover. When I got ready with a little makeup, I got down and everyone was ready to go.

There you go...another boring day at school.

Today I had to break the speed limit to get to school in time. When we all jumped from our seat we only had five minutes to start classes. I waved them goodbye and started to walk towards AP chemistry when Alex stopped me.

"Hey...You didn't forget about the bet, do you?" She asked and my mind became blank.

"What bet again?" I asked because I remember last night I had a bet but I just forgot on whom.

"I can't believe you forgot. Chris Wallace...he's in your next class. You need to make him fall for you!" She whispered to me and dang! I also couldn't believe that I forgot this most important mission. Seriously alcohol did a number on me. I gave her thumbs up that I remember and ready to act. She grinned and with a last goodbye she parted from me.

Chris Wallace...get ready to join the Pax club.

When I reached the class I knew I was already late. And I hated Mrs. Gst with a gut. You'll think what kind of joke is that well...that was our first thought too but alas that was her real name. When she'll start her lecture god help no one can stop her but me of course. And she had a bad habit of hitting on young boys even if she was in her late thirties and had an ex-husband. Max was always a hundred feet away from her cause once she flirted with him even if he wasn't interested.

I gagged again with the thought.

"Well...Ms. Rivera, It's so kind of you to join us finally. I thought you'll miss my class at the rate you were walking." She said with that old broken tone of hers to stop my jumbled thoughts. See? That's why I don't like her. But as always I sweetly smiled at her and jogged to the class.

"What can I say Mrs. Gst, You miss me too much," I said and started to look for a certain nerd I needed.

"Are you not going to sit Mrs. Rivera? Or do I need to give you another detention?" She asked me cutting off my search. But before I can lash out at her a brilliant Idea came to my mind.

"Actually I think I'm not doing well in AP. But you can help me with it. How about a partner who can help with my studies? Someone who always get good marks, kind of school's golden." I asked her hoping she'll understand what I'm asking while blocking the door. Some people awkwardly pushed me to get inside to the class. I glared at the boys who eyed me strangely.