Chapter 6: Something Else

Paxton's POV

Monday mornings were bad. But when the first thing you need to do in school is meeting up with your principal was worse. So when I found myself in front of the devil's door I mentally facepalmed. Why was I doing it again? Oh yeah, because of a stupid rumor.

"Are you not going in?″ The assistant coldly glared at me while secretly eyeing me to go faster and be done with it. Seriously I never liked the guy. So glaring back at him I flipped him off and walked hurriedly to the principal's room.

When I opened the door three sets of eyes met mine. Mr. Falcon was glaring at me, Max was making silly faces behind him and Uncle John just offered me a smile. I winked at Max and slumped to the chair beside him.

"So Mr. Falcon, why are we here again?" Uncle asked our principal who just glared at us and finally looked at our Uncle.

"They have deceived me. No, not only me the whole school! Our school has a reputation, Mr. Jonson. Suddenly I'm hearing that Max isn't even your son when you gave us too much money to help maintain this school!" He fumed angrily and we were sure that a permanent damage to our ears was just this close to coming. I looked at Max and he also shook his head making an irritated face. 

Now that I think back, actually, the money goes from both of us but if our principal thought Uncle gave them, then I'm not going to correct him. Turning back to uncle, I noticed he's already preparing himself to start explaining. 

"Mr. Falcon, they didn't deceive you. They just did what the situation called." Uncle coolly replied him and he just looked at us confused. Did I mention our Uncle was cool as a cucumber? He could still manage his cool even if someone was holding a gun in front of his head.

"What kind of situation?″ Mr. Falcon looked like ready to hear all the crap we're going to feed him.

"You heard here Paxton's parents died in a car crash. They weren't...that rich to maintain two Children if they ever died. And it happened so suddenly that if I didn't take Max here as my child they would be broke. So that's why Paxton lives on her parent's inheritance and I take care of Max's as my own son. So tell me, did we deceive?" I realized uncle forced himself to stop the rant as Mr. Falcon was the verge of crying. Max and I we both shared an evil look and watched as the principal stood and walked on our way to hug us. It was unexpected but yeah...well, I wasn't complaining.

"Go, children. I'll try to stop the rumors. You are like the definition of true loves for the family!" He cheered and I scoffed. Love was one thing...I never loved.

"What the hell are we waiting for? Let's go!" Max patted me to get going and we both left the principal's office to wait in the cafeteria. Because of our visit, the principal gave us early leave for the classes before lunch so we had free time. When we reached the cafeteria, the place was almost empty except janitors and lunch ladies.

"So dear twin brother, we need some serious talk." I voiced out as soon as our butt landed on the chairs. From my puerperal vision, I heard Max groaned out but stay seated. That's a good start.

"What's it? Someone's disturbing you?″ He sincerely asked and I shook my head.

"I'm here to talk about certain someone named Alexis Brown." As soon as the words came out I could see him jump from the chair, trying to run but as soon as he did, I tackled him so now he was awkwardly hanging upside down to the table.

"Seriously Pax? Why the hell you don't call us when there's a free drama going on?" I heard a familiar voice and looked behind me to see Kara walking towards me. Giving Max a sweet smile, she sat down beside me. To me, she gave a grin to which I equally returned.