Chapter 11: Meet & Greet

Paxton's POV

It was Monday and we had the last week before the exam. In the past month, many things happened. My secrets kept flying in the school like the school flag, few cryptic messages came which I still have no idea from who and the most important one is Chris and I improved our friendship. His mom thankfully decided to become a normal human and gave him a month to look for a new place to stay so he was moving in today.

Every teacher tried to make our ass freeze by working hard. Chris kind of locked himself in his room reading whole night. I didn't see Cory or heard anything from her after that leaked video. Some more pictures were out but we turned them down too. The video was down and we hired people from our underground group to find out who was leaking all these videos.

But for now, there's still no news.

Kara managed to break another player's heart and they celebrated it in my house last night. And now we all had that fear before death looks into our eyes cause Mr. Elliot was so sickly smiling at us, holding our answer papers in his hand.

"Who's ready for the exam?″ He asked tapping his desk. In answer I scoffed, some people grunted, and then someone like Chris smiled.

"Are you really ready for the big exam?″ I whispered to Chris when the teacher wasn't looking at us.

"Oh come on, Pax. You're ready too. You stopped partying two weeks ago. And I tutored you. I know you're ready." His firm voice made me a little uneasy. I knew I stopped partying but that was just because I could make as much as my time with him. It was almost time for exams and in no time it'll be prom. Can I really back out now? And what did even Chris think about me? Am I just a friend?

"Hey, where to?″ He asked when I didn't answer. I shook my head and looked back at Mr. Elliot.

"I'm giving the answer papers and if anyone failed, then you're not allowed in the main exam." He then looked out at the class and started to give us our papers.

Max was the first one to get his paper as he was sitting in front row. I noticed the horror in his eyes and my heart stopped a beat. Did he fail? But he wasn't a that bad student. Then it was our table and when my paper got to me I closed my eyes. Why was I afraid to look at my exam paper? Oh god, Dimmit! I play players in a beat and I'm afraid of my results. I'm surely delusional.

"Aren't you going to look?″ A voice asked startling me as he was too close. I opened my eyes and it met Chris's brown ones. He hinted a smile and pointed at my papers. Oh right, the joy. But wait, what?

"Did I really get an A+?″ I mumbled disbelieved. I knew I got good marks before but I never crossed A.

"You did. Where's the smile?″ He asked looking at me with a playful smile. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle and looked at Max who had a frown on his face. Oh, Max! What did he get?

♡♡♡

Turned out only a few students had to retake the exam and I was engulfed in a hug as soon as I reached the cafeteria. Today Chris also accompanied me to take our lunch in our secret place. When I hugged my brother back Chris had an unknown emotion in his eyes but I shook it off.

"Oh tell me what you got in the paper?″ Max asked when I broke the hug.

"Can you believe, A+," I told him taking money from my bag. Chris insisted that he'll pay but I cut him off.

"Holy shit! Did you? Then why the hell did I got C?″ He had that same frown again and I'm sure I looked the same. Max and C? Unbelievable but possible.

"Maybe you pissed off the teacher.″ I told him smirking remembering his pranks.

"Maybe you're right. I have a tendency to do that a lot." He grinned and I shook my head at his cockiness. One day some girl is going to make his life miserable at the rate of his behavior. I had to chuckle at the thought of Max with some girl.