Chapter 18: New Realizations & Races

Paxton's POV

"So that's it?″ Chris asked frowning. Rolling my eyes I hopped down from my bike and started to walk beside him.

"Just wait and watch. You're being really impatient." I remarked. Actually, he's being this impatient since we left the club. Either he's still pretty shacked up about the incident there or he's afraid to come with me in here.

"I'm just never been to here." He said eyeing the graffiti walls surrounding us. I also looked at the walls with pride. Got to say, Max is one hell of an artist.

"But you're going to be. Now come on, speed up!" I placed my hands on him and he froze a little. But then he relaxed and we both stopped in front of the track.

"Woa...what's this place?″ He asked amused. This place was heaven for guys and girls like us. We had a race almost all seasons and the bets were high too. I absolutely loved this place beside every other place in the underground.

"What you're seeing nerd is one of the hidden race track of New York," I smirked when his mouth fell open in shock.

"You gotta be kidding me. Please tell me you're joking! How did you even find a place this huge without anyone knowing?″ He asked looking like a kid in a candy store. I smiled at his curious gaze. I could see that he's forgetting what happened a while ago and that made me somewhat happy.

"This is a private property or more like The Rivera property. So this place is ours."

"You mean to say that the bar, fight clubs, and this race tracks are you and your brother's?″ He asked with a disbelieved grin. I couldn't help but a crack a grin too.

"Yup. Now I'm going to race and you are going to my buddy." Without any answer, he silently followed me.

Walking my way over to the tracks, I noticed a crowd gathering. Now, I happened to be pretty far but the sight was plainly obvious. People from the rich family, brats or the people who needed an instant large amount of cash came rushing out to see the race or win bets.

"What's going on?" I asked a girl with tattoos who was looking like she was from straight prison. Now I just hope Rory did notice everyone's ID before they came here. I don't want some delinquent to crash our property or make it a news flash worthy.

"Someone bet that they can win this race and own half of this track." My blood started to boil at that and I glared at the crowd. I could see a figure of a boy whistling from his car hood and looking at the people's faces. It looked like he's our guy.

"What? Who's that?" Chris covered his mouth with shock.

The stranger smiled in excitement. "I believe it's Nick Ellis."

"What!?″ We both shouted out.

♡♡♡

Turned out I was racing against Nick the player who's player reputation I ruined about two months ago and also humiliated him in front of the whole school. Now as I looked at the guy I could only see a cold version of the boy I used to see.

"You OK with this?″ I asked Chris as I strapped both of our seat belts for safety.

"I should be the one ask you that. You OK with him? I mean he practically threatened to take down your place." He looked more worried than I was. Yes, I was surprised when I learned that it was Nick who's against me but I never lose a race. I was more angry at Nick that he turned a fun race to a death race.

"Don't worry about me. Just hold on. Everything's fine." I assured him even if I knew he was afraid now. Damn! I never thought my little cheer up plan will fail this big time.