Chapter 17: Jealous or Mad?

Paxton's POV

"Why do you look like that?″ Alex asked munching on her popcorn while seeing an action movie.

"Like what?″ I snapped.

"Like go near me and I'll kill you?″ Damn, she knew my mood swings.

"About that..."

"So you gave up?″ Alex snorted hearing what happened in class two days ago. First I thought just maybe he was joking but when in the home he really appreciated my staying out of his business that's when I knew I had to have a talk with Alex.

"I don't give up Alex... I'm just giving him some time to adjust."

"You two sounds like a divorced couple." And that's when I made a dash for her. She quickly did a smirk and hid between my desk and bed.

"Hey guys, what are you doing?″ A voice interrupted me from killing Alex and I snapped my eyes to the two people leaning against the door.

"Kara? Myra?″ I asked surprised. It was a little odd for them to come here whenever they want now as Chris also lived here. But today was an exception as he went to do his group study with his nerd club buddies.

"Yup, us. Honestly, Pax, these days seems like we're drifting apart." Kara complained but I couldn't blame her. I was engulfed in project nerd for too much time to make hang out time.

"True. You don't even give us bets or any player's name to crash." Myra agreed.

Rolling my eyes at their words I opened my Mac and once over the list I made. "Here it is."

They looked at each other and then took the Mac I was holding for them. Looking at the list Myra gasped.

"You still make a list?″ She smirked.

I shrugged. Seriously I didn't stop making a list of all the players I knew in town or near towns. I was just waiting for Chris to fall for me when it all went downhill. Now I just hope Chris realized what he was doing pushing me out of his life.

"But we're really here cause Alex called. So, start from the start?″ Kara asked grinning.

"All right, monsters."

♡♡♡

"So you mean to tell that I should give him this idea that I like him?″ I scrunched my nose up and shook my head. "You think I already didn't do that?″ I added.

Hearing my answer Alex groaned, "This guy is seriously working us up. What the heck is his problem?″

"I think his problem is he can't trust anyone?″ Hearing my own answer I was shocked and then all things made sense. Maybe he really didn't trust me to take up the next stage. He did take his sweet time to take this friendship seriously and then out of the blue I made him believe I'm interested in him more than a friend should. So this must be the trust issue?

"Looking at your face, I'll assume you've figured it out?″ Myra asked smiling. Giving her a nod I was going to call Max when he paraded into the room and flopped beside Alex.

"Hi ladies, long time no see." Alex made a murdering sound and flipped the bird behind him. I let out a chuckle and for the first time, I was happy, truly happy. I didn't know why or what made it but I was glad that I had everyone with me.

Not everyone deserves that.

♡♡♡

Next day since I had half the day free after school, I decided to hit the club with the gang. I drove my motorcycle up to the new club which we didn't go yet. It wasn't in a crowded area in New York and when I reached my destination it was almost dusk. Jumping from the bike I took a look and was satisfied to see people still going in line. Taking my phone from my bag, I called Alex.