Chapter 4: Got a secret, can you keep it?

Paxton's POV

I woke up with water pouring down over my body. I shot up from bed only to meet Alex's gray eyes smirking at me. I was left drenched in my own bed. When I cooled down, that's when all hell broke loose.

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" I screamed at her hoping she'll actually flinch but to my dismay, with a grin she poured down the rest of the water to my head. I cringed when I saw that now my whole bed was wet because of the frozen water.

"Now I am awake so why the need of drenching me again?″ I asked somewhat clenched teeth. I didn't want to start fighting in the morning.

She shrugged, "It was a bet from Max. And you were going to be late for school anyway so I thought why not?″

"How much time left?″ I asked her with blurred eyes and she gave me a cheeky smile in return.

"Half an hour." Hearing this I rolled out of bed and threw the covers in the laundry basket. I headed to the bathroom and took a quick shower in a record time. When I returned Alex was nowhere to be found which was good cause she still hasn't apologized. I took a top matched with my usual jeans and brushed my hair which was still a little pink and went into the kitchen.

Alex and Max were fooling around and ignoring both of them, I took a pizza from the fridge and started to eat. These two idiots still didn't know how to cook so most of the time we had to eat leftovers which I hated. Uncle wanted to keep maids for us but we declined. As mom would say to help family and do your own work; so usually I cooked for them but today I was late so that wasn't an option.

"Where's our food?″ Max was the first one to talk and I ignored him.

"I'm hungry," Alex whined. Seriously these two were a pain in the ass. I looked both of them in the eyes with an icy glare and stepped out of the kitchen. Without question, they both followed me.

"I'm late. Grab a bag and you'll eat in the way got it?″ I asked and both nodded. I grabbed my stuff and they both took some food and walked away.

Rushing to the parking lot I quickly took my car and it was on its way to school. But I couldn't shake off the nagging feeling of dread that was disturbing me from yesterday.

♡♡♡

When I reached school instead of calming down, the nagging feeling only grew more. I hated it when I didn't know why I'm feeling like today is going to be my worst day of a lifetime. Shaking the thought from my head I turned to the sleeping figures behind me. Alex and Max were practically sleeping on each other. With an awkward cough, I tried to break them but they still didn't wake up.

"Guys! We're in school!" I whispered but they didn't wake up either.

"Max, Mrs. Gst is here!" I yelled and he immediately jumped from his seat bumping his head in the process.

"Where! Where is that witch!?" He mumbled for a second but when none of us said anything he glared at us. Alex hesitated for a moment and walked out of the car.

"Max, you carry on. I need to have a talk with Pax.″ Alex waved him off and with a scrawl, he joined his friends. Before he could go I yelled out making all his friends looking at me with laughter, "You're doing the laundry today!" 

Then I gave Alex an eyebrow as to why she needed to talk to me.

"Look, I'm sorry. That day I shouldn't have mocked you. I was just fade up with Will's constant messages and top of that Max was being a usual dick so I took it out on you. You know I would've never hurt you, right?″ She apologized and hugged me. I knew she didn't mean harm. She was way better than me. So I hugged her back and sighed. Breaking the hug she gave me a smirk, waved and I was left tuned out to the world.