Chapter 12: Birthday Bash

Paxton's POV

Next morning I was awakened by a loud knock on the door. My sleepy mind got confused as to Alex or Max never knocked, they just always barged into my room like they own it. I looked at the clock beside my bed to see it was only 5 in the morning. With a loud sigh I stood up to look in the mirror and my sleepy eyes met mine. God, I was a mess. My blue eyes were dull and void of any emotion. When another knock came, I hurriedly walked up and opened my door to see Chris in a jogging attire.

"Good morning." He chirped as I took a look at him. He was well dressed but I wasn't in a mood of jogging.

"Hey, good morning."

"Rough night? Cause you look like crap.″ He teased. Only if you knew. I tried to look as cool as I can with my bloodshot eyes and invited him to my room.

"Well, get dressed. You're going to jog with me and there's no excuse." His tone was playful and at any day I'd be happy to go with him but today just wasn't my day. Today was one of those days that I hated. I despised today like no other. But obviously, he didn't know that. 

And hopefully, he'll never know that.

"What are you standing here for? Go!" He shooed me and I rolled my eyes in fake annoyance.

"Stop bossing me around, nerd." I singsonged as I went to take a shower. After the shower, I was in much better shape and in a better head. I needed to forget what happened today. And maybe jogging with Chris was the ultimate way for that.

"I didn't know you are obsessed with photography." He stated while I was dressing up and when I was finished I pulled my hair into a bun.

"What are you talking about?″ I asked as I took a long look in the mirror. The girl staring at me wasn't my best look but I was at least OK, much better than last night.

"You have photos lining up on your walls. They are pretty good." He remarked as I joined him. I looked at the photos he was pointing at and my stomach churned at the memories with those photos.

"But I didn't get which people those were. Friends?″ He asked looking at that particular photo. I didn't mean to look at that photo. But in a moment of weakness, last night I must have pulled the photos hiding in the basement. Now that in the broad light I looked at the photo I only saw red.

Pissed at myself that I dared to look at the photos again when I answered it was as cold as I felt, "No one. They are no one."

♡♡♡

Fortunately, Chris didn't ask me any question during our jogging and when it became time for school, we both finished breakfast with Alex and Max. They were already ready for school and Chris decided it was best to carpool with me. So we four reached school in record time and once again I was lost in my own thought.

"They were together." "I thought their gang doesn't date." "I saw them myself." "Where are the pictures?″ "Still not allowed."

There was something definitely wrong. When the whole school started to whisper you know that something happened. And when the name Rivera whispered around, it was only a matter of time that another rumor has started. But these time what?

"Hey babe, you coming?″ It was Kara and her tone wasn't that helpful. Instead of beating around the bush I took her hands and opened the nearby empty room. Closing the door, I waited for her to say something.

"Why'd you just take me here?″ She raised a brow and I smirked.

"You know and I know something happened...again. So these time what's it?″ Her face changed to serious, her poser rigid.