Chapter 19: Falling In A Abyss

Paxton's POV

"Reese and Reed!?″ I asked surprised seeing both of my cousins together when I called Kara for help.

"We thought you're in trouble. Thank god, you're OK." Reese patted my shoulder while Chris looked at both of them in between worry and amusement.

"Oh sorry, Chris, these two are my cousins. This is Reese Rivera-" I pointed at Reese who nodded, "And this is Reed Rivera." Reed looked at Chris from head to toe and then whistled.

"You've got some courage, kid. Most people run when Pax take them for a race." Chris reddened at the comment and then I remembered what I realized while racing.

I like Chris Wallace. I like this nerd whose heart I was supposed to break by the end of the month. A strange feeling I didn't felt in a while engulfed me and all I can do just stare at Chris as he talked with my cousins like they were long lost, friends.

"Hey, Pax. You OK?″ Reese asked me as Reed shouted at Rory to give more bandages.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But why you two are really here?″ I whispered walking away from Chris and Reed. One thing I knew about my cousins were; they will never come to see me if I'm not in a trouble and these days trouble just seemed not to leave me at all.

"Kara called. Your car had some problems?″ He questioned. I almost forgot that someone deliberately leaked my car's oil. I was in big trouble.

"Oh yeah, I found my car leaking oil and there was evidence that it was not a technical problem. My car was supposed to be blown up, with us in it...of course." I retorted to which he chuckled.

"Damn, kid! You really can't take a break." 

I dropped my head before looking back at him. He looked shocked as he noticed I was shaking. I just can't take this anymore. I am tired of handling everything by myself so that no one can get hurt. And today the message...I could still feel the anger bubbled up inside of me. 

"Pax...what happened?" Reese asked hesitating a little. 

"I need your help. Someone is messaging me, well more like threatening me and it's a weird type cause it happens 4 times a month, not more or not less. Like, I've never heard of so coordinated mysterious stalker before." 

"You're in big shit trouble, Cuz. Why didn't you go to the police?″ I gritted my teeth as I remembered the last time I did, what ended up happening.

"Polices can't help us, Cuz. Don't you remember?" I harshly let him remember. Slightly examining my face he sighed. He knew I was damn right.

"But if you're in that trouble, I'll recommend protection. And we have a lot of talks to do." He sternly crossed his arms and gave me a look that says agree or else...

"OK, but I'll talk about these things later. Remember Uncle John's house, not mine. I gotta talk to Chris first." Waving at him I walked ahead and he let me.

When Chris noticed me, he gave me a smile and I smiled back.

Yes, things were finally becoming real.

Too much real.

♡♡♡

"So where are your cousins?″ Chris asked blinking his eyes repeatedly. His glasses were broken so I had to send them to repairment and now here he was without his glasses looking as hot as ever. Ans as we both craved pizza so I brought him to the nearest food corner.

"They went home. I sent them away. I needed to talk with you anyway." His face fell immediately.

"Pax." He hesitated. "I don't want to talk about what happened earlier."