Chapter 35: Love Me, Love Me

Paxton's POV

"How could you, Max!?" I yelled the moment he joined us. Thank god Kara took Alex away for a fight so I can beat the shit out of Max...alone.

He took a step back but as he was near the wall, with an 'Oomph' he tried to steady himself but just fell back and hit his head on the cold floor.

Serves him right for sleeping with...my best friend.

"I'm sorry...Ok. I said sorry at last thirty times by now, God!" He quickly scurried to his feet and stared at me with a sigh.

"How did this happen, brother? I thought you went there to say just sorry, not that." I still can't believe Max would do that. I mean I've seen them for many years now. I never thought these two...never minds.

"Look, it was just I was apologizing for my rude behavior and my bad judging, choice, whatever. Then things led one thing to another and next thing I knew she threw me out of the house in the morning when I said sorry again."

Wait, now what?

"You said sorry again for sleeping with her and then she threw you out?″ I wanted to be sure about my theory.

"Yeah, pretty much it." Oh god...How could my twin be this clueless?

"Max...Listen to this very clearly. When you say sorry to a girl after sleeping with her, it means you did a mistake. You made her feel like a fool after your so-called SORRY. That's why she threw you out. Not because you did a mistake. God! You...stupid!" He looked at me unblinking, and then as if he realized his mistake he sighed heavily.

"Aw hell, I'm stupid. I thought by saying sorry she wouldn't be uncomfortable around me but I just made things worse." He pulled his hair a little in desperation.

"You two need a talk again. She went to the fight club, go and talk BUT! This time for god sake please, don't mess this up. I can't lose my best friend just because you are an idiot." He nodded and ran towards the club.

"Hey! Take your spray bottle with you, you imbecile!" He ran back and took the spray from my hand.

Meantime I texted Kara and Myra so they can give them some privacy. Not a second later they both joined me with a smirk.

"So how the Talk went?″ Kara asked smiling sheepishly. Myra just puts the headphone in her ear. She wasn't that interested in listening to our talk. Truly I wasn't that happy too, yet I had to give the update.

"That idiot made a mistake so I put some sense in his thick skull. Hope this time he wouldn't mess this up." I shuddered remembering the look on Alex's face.

"Me too. Hey, do you know Alex had a secret crush on your brother? But she moved on the moment you all came in New York." I had my suspicions but this was huge and head churning.

"I need a drink, strong drink," I muttered shaking my head. Kara laughed looking at me with an evil glee.

"Sorry babe, but we both need to go. Mom called, her cousin's coming so we have to be ideal daughters and help her, blah." I laughed when Kara started minimizing her mom. Myra looked at us glaring and stood up.

"Oh Myra, you know I was just kidding," Kara spoke standing up as well. I stood up too and hugged the two crazy twin I called friends.

"Bye, Pax! Call me and give me a live update on 'The couple'." She smirked when she saw my face grimaced.

Well...now I guess I'm the only one to get drunk on a hangout.

♡♡♡

When I walked into the bar, it was pretty much empty other than some teenager dancing on the upper floor. My first instinct was to call Chris and asked him to join me but I guess he wouldn't want to see me in my drunk glory so I just texted him about if he was joining me later. He replied saying he couldn't join me cause he still had some work with his mom so I ordered Wine to keep me busy.