Chapter 28: Beginning Of a Nightmare

Paxton's POV

Flashbacks

"Why are you still sad because of them? They are bad, forget them." Max tried to tell me but the tears were falling like never before. It's been a week Andrea hasn't come home and Wade hadn't called.

"They deserve hell. Let Dad come. I'll make sure she never gets her position in the company." I almost forgot this year after finishing college she was supposed to take over the company.

"You can't-do anything about it." I waved him off to cry harder. God, I am a mess.

"That's it! I'm calling Alex. You two are going out and forget what happened."

Before I could protest he called her and took a seat next to me. Not even five minutes later a bell interrupted us and with a grin he hopped from the bed.

"That's gotta be a record. I'll be back with her and get dressed. We're all going."

Dressing in long-sleeved shirt and shorts I waited for their return but none came. After waiting for at least five minutes I came downstairs to see Andrea, Wade, and Max in a staring contest. Seeing them both together made my blood boil but I made a calm face and stood between them.

"What's going on?" At my sound, Wade looked at me painfully like it hurt him to leave me. But I knew better. Maybe he dated me to be close to my sister. Who knew the truth these days?

"I came to say goodbye," Andrea replied my previous question.

"Leaving where?″ Max asked bitterly.

"We need to leave the town. We're both in trouble. So I think I'll see you when the time comes." I didn't understand what was happening.

She took a step to me to which I backed. Shaking her head, she walked in front of me and spoke, "Pretend till it's become real."

She walked back and said something to Max too but I wasn't having it when Wade stepped closer to me. He smiled sadly and pecked my cheek. At his touch, I flinched.

He didn't deserve to be near me.

He said, "Don't cry when the sun is gone because the tears won't let you see the stars."

But how can I see the stars when I'm still addicted to the sun? I thought bitterly but didn't say anything.

After that, they both walked out of our lives like they never were a part of it. Just a day after we got the news of our parent's car accident. In that accident along with my parents, Alex's parents were and they all were dead. Police found the break was cut out and the suspects were my sister and her boyfriend who was mine just a week ago.

It fitted too as they both disappeared. With more argument, Uncle John made a decision to move out of the country. There were threats to take over the company and our lives were in danger. Unintentionally Alex's life went at risk too. So to avoid police and the duel troublemaker we left Europe to live on base.

After living with Reese and Reed, I changed. I became the player my sister was. Maybe even ruthless. After a friend from New York called, we left the base and I joined Rain View using our mother's middle name.

Heck, I didn't want to stay a Helix anymore.

I was a Rivera now. And I had no intention to change that.

Now

"You just can't walk away like that," Max said as soon as he entered my room.