Chapter 3: Pink hair & new starts

Paxton's POV

Why did I always get into troubles? A humorless laugh bubbled up at the view of my life and I decided that troubles just loves to find me. If you were all confused, let me rephrased yesterday.

Yesterday I've made my first move on Chris as per my plan And after Max's stupid stunt I had detention. Alex still didn't apologize and I wasn't too kin to go home yet. So as the stubborn as I'm, I drove straight to a pub. After drinking like hell I somehow ended up at a salon to dye half of my hair pink. I know...weird. Max somehow managed to know where I was with a help of obviously Kara or Myra, he brought me home.

When today I opened my eyes I was looking into my clock and jumped from the bed. With a quick shower don't even ask how I dressed in a tee and jeans and looked at the mirror. The girl staring at me was cold and void of any emotions. Satisfied I took my bag and ran downstairs.

I was already running towards my Lamborghini when I saw that it was almost half hour till school. I was going to be late today. Uh! Why didn't they wake me up? Traitors! All of them had already left.

When I reached school I relaxed. I had ten more minutes before the bell rings. These days I was breaking a lot more speed limits but...who cares, right? I was almost parked when a blue monster came out from nowhere. I jumped a little to stop the car from crashing into them. Now you will ask who has the gut to park a car in my place.

Cory and her minions or who else? If you still didn't understand who I was talking about then I'm talking about Cory Dawson, ″the it girl″. She was the typical head cheerleader, cheap version of Mean Girl's Regina Gorge, and the principal's niece. Every girl wanted to avoid her and guys adored her. But we go away back when she was my friend. And now, we're nothing but someone who just pretends. We both changed and that's how even after my many attempts at colorful insults she hasn't back away, like ever.

"Little miss late today...and without her slaves?″ She jumped from the car and swayed her hips to start walking towards me.

Talk about awkward.

"You don't need to sway your hip like that Cory. You're making me remember the leaning tower of Pisa in an earthquake." I replied and already started walking towards the school. I didn't need to hear a reply, actually, I never do. By the time it registers in her head that I've insulted her by the time I can finish my home works.

And that's saying something.

When I slowed down and took the necessary books I'll need from my locker I ran towards class. I don't need a history of yesterday. Thankfully when I reached Mrs. Gst hadn't reached yet. I looked around and found my seat next to Chris. He was once again working on sheets. Surprise! or not.

"Are you done checking me out?″ His cold voice snapped me from my trance and for the first time, I didn't know what to say. Think Pax think!

"I wasn't checking you out. I was checking...um...what you were working on." I settled. At least it was believable.

"Unbelievable." He muttered but I heard anyway. But why was he giving me the cold shoulder again? I thought we had some process yesterday. Glaring at him I looked outside of the school to see it was raining heavily.

But before I could ask him the voice of Mrs. Gst cut me off and almost everyone groaned in protest and silence fall. "So class, I'm going to take a surprise test today-" groaned again, "And you need to take this seriously cause it will be added to your term paper." Seriously, can't this woman take a rest already?

We just had a test two days ago.

Almost everyone huffed in annoyance and only one person smiled. Guess who? No, not Mrs. Gst. It's none other than Chris Wallace! I almost wanted to pity whoever brainwashed his brain with so much will to study. Not a second passed and we had test papers in our hands. Thankfully I knew almost all the answers and wrote down quickly. But I had only two questions left and when I noticed Chris was looking at me weirdly I decided to flash him one of my best fake smiles. But to my discomfort, he still stared at me and when the bell rang he broke the eye contact and walked out from the class before I could.