Chapter 22: Doubts & Interventions

Paxton's POV

Penny. Her name was Penny. I don't know why when I didn't even meet the girl, but she was too much smiling for our own good. Her fake platinum blonde hair and green eyes were anything but asking for trouble. But my idiot brother seems to be the only one who's in allusion.

The illusion of love.

When we all were standing stunned, Alex seemed to be the only one who yelled out, "Excuse me!?"

"What? I said she's my girlfriend." Max smiled at the girl clenching her arms around my twin and I twisted my fists not to throw it at her. That would not look so good for my reputation.

"Are you sure?″ Reed looked at Max like he had three heads. I'm sure we all looked same.

"Why wouldn't I be?″ As if now he did understand, he frowned, "Am I missing something?″

I felt my lips twitch upwards, "I'm sorry. I just need to borrow him for a second." Without waiting for an answer, I turned on my back and dragged Max with me to the balcony so that we'll get some privacy.

"What the hell!?″ He screamed when I punched him in the face. Yeah, I was a violent person. Got any problem?

"I should be the one asking you that! What the hell you were thinking?″ I all but screamed. I can't believe this. I couldn't. My twin without even asking or telling us about this mysterious girl; just brought her to my house and expected us to accept that. He was unbelievable.

"What did I do? I just thought you'll be happy to know that I've finally found my loved one."

Oh please. Again with the love bullshit.

"I would be happy, yeah. But we know nothing about her." I warned. He should've known better than anyone why I just can't accept an unknown person, better yet my brother's sudden girlfriend.

"I know everything about her. She's new in town, her parents are artists, she has a brother and she's a good person. So yeah, I know her."

If he thought this conversation was over than he was wrong but for now, I'll admit my fault.

"OK. I believe you. I'll see what can I do for the others." With a convincing smile, I walked with him to downstairs to see everyone was still glaring at her.

But was I convinced? Hell no!

"We can't go back to hack now. Have to wait for a little." Texting everyone except Max, I smiled as believable as I can.

"OK guys, let the girl breathe. It's nice to meet you, I'm Paxton." I looked at everyone icily and they immediately started introducing themselves. Only Alex lifted a brow when I went near her.

"Do you seriously believe her?″ She still had the knife in her hand, twirling it. I knew she wanted to strangle Penny with it but Max's over happiness was stopping her from doing it.

"Do I ever?″ I smirked and walked off to prepare some interventions. 

♡♡♡

"So...I was thinking about visiting the base," Alex informed me while chewing on her lips. Giving her a nod, I continued finishing my essay. Don't ask me, it was due for a long time so I decided to just write what came into my mind. 

Just wish if only Chris would be here to help me...

Oh before I forgot, Chris went back to stay at a hotel for a few days because his father was in town. And, that left me to study without him, writing things which had nothing to do with the subject.

Damn, I miss him!

"So...I'll just go..." Unconsciously while standing up, Alex knocked the pen from my hand. Snapping my eyes at her, my own narrowed as I noticed she was staring at her hands, avoiding my eyes. 

Ok, that's weird.

"Ok? So go. Why are you acting like you're hiding something?" At my question, her eyes widened to the point of her hands started tapping themselves against my books. Ok, now I'm sure something's must be wrong.

"What's it, Alex?" 

She hesitated before blurting out. "Max kind of-  kissed me!" 

What the?

"What do you mean by kind of? And he just declared he found his true love! What the fuck's happening here!?" 

She threw me a glare and smashed her hands on the table angrily. "It happened last night, ok!? Look it was dark and before I know something a pair of lips are ravishing me. So tell me what should I say this other than kind of!?" 

A sudden surge of emotions overtook me as I realized she was in confusion herself and was beating herself out. I knew her. She thought it'll be classified as cheating and she wasn't the type to ruin someone's relationship.

Even if we were players.

My face softened as I looked at her troubled eyes. "And what did he say? Please tell me he apologized."

How did I not notice it before?

"N-no." She shattered looking away from me. "Actually before he can see who he kissed I ran away from there. So he doesn't know."

Oh, how great! Note my sarcasm yet?

"So you're not going to correct him?" I asked her, my face serious. 

"Well...that's the plan. I don't want to make things awkward with him because of a misunderstanding. So, I just need a time out." She mumbled twiring a lock of her hair.

"But still-"

"No!" She cut me off with a yell. "I'm just gonna go. Please don't tell Max, ok?" 

I don't want to keep this secret... but I've no other choice.

I paused before nodding solemnly. "Ok..." 

Giving me a stiff nod back, she ran out of the door. Staring at her retreating figure, I was hit with only one thing-

When I thought about intervention...this was not exactly on my mind.

Unknown POV

##PaxtonBitch

We all are delighted to give you the news that Paxton's brother got himself a girlfriend and most likely cheating on her with his friend. So what does this mean for the bet or the game? Will it stop Paxton from her goal? Want to know more? Stay tuned! And thanks for the share of other photos we got. For now, that's it. 

Until then-

XOXO.

***

No cliffhanger in this chapter. So, how did it go? Let me know!