Chapter 20: Confessions, Stars & Kisses

Paxton's POV

"Where are you going?″ Chris asked as I stood up from my seat in the school cafeteria. Yes, finally he agreed to have lunch with all of us. So when in the middle of lunch I excused myself to go, Chris looked at me like I killed his puppy. And he doesn't have one either. I guess he's just anxious to stay with the gang without me.

"I'm just gonna buy a soda. See you in a bit." I waved him off and the rest of the guys.

"Attention everyone!" A voice raised above all chatters just as I slowed down and waited behind a group of girls in line. Every table, the girls, and guys were whispering behind the guy who just managed to turn all attention to him. I looked around the cafeteria to see Chris's reaction. He held his breath as if in fear.

"Hi everyone presents here and anywhere in the school. I'm Damien Taylor and I have a confession to make."

The whole cafeteria went silent. I looked at Chris again to see that his eyebrows were scrunched together in confusion and like others, he waited for Damien to continue.

"You all know me as the baseball captain. For you, I'm a golden boy, proud achiever of the school." Some guys snickered at that. 

Ah...the irony.

"But as a person, I'm not good. I...used...to...no-I mean I still bully someone with my friends which none of you know." Every student snapped their heads at his words and Chris visibly gulped.

Ah... here comes the best part.

"I started it in 9th grade. You all might remember Sasha White. She was the hottest girl in school back then. We, my friends and I waited a long time for at least have a conversation with her but she always avoided us. So one day when I saw her talking with the nerd...Chris Wallace, I snapped at him." All people started to look for the victim, I mean the Chris Wallace as he ducked his head to avoid people.

"I started with painting his locker, ruining his reputation in parties saying he was gay and we even crashed his car in the sophomore. It started to make us feel somewhat...superior like we could do everything and be get away with that. So we kept insulting him in new ways. But then he had to fight back! He fought back so I started to push him harder to insanity. And there comes a day...I don't know how but I was found guilty so I lost my position in the game." People looked shocked at his confession and some even started to videotape on their phones.

"Then out of rage and humiliation in junior year, I hung him in our biology lab." These time things went out of control as people started to throw foods at him while cursing in every language they knew.

"Hey! He's still alive, for God sake!" Damien yelled as sodas went flying to his way. I watched as Alex smirked and used her leftover pizza throwing his way.

"Look, he escaped. Then, as a matter of fact, he stopped fighting. Then I was...bored so I started bullying him again. And now I want an apology. I'll never show my face in this school."

As he said these, his eyes tried to meet Chris's who was still ducking behind Max not so subtlety. Damien took a step ahead and walked right in the middle. He knelt down, "Forgive me, Chris, wherever you are now."

Just as the words went out of his mouth our principal with teachers stopped to look at Damien and started to pull him off by his collar.

"You young man is expelled!" Mr. Falcon yelled half dragging him away and people started to whisper trying to figure out what just happened.

And me? I just smirked. 

After all, Damien Taylor owed me a confess.

Flashback