Bonus Chapter 2

Enjoy Chris's last shot!

******************

3 years from now

"Mr. Wallace?" An old man hollered from the hall. I was once again busy with my project when I quickly opened the door and greeted him.

"Yes?" I frowned looking at him. It was hardly ever that I got letters. Especially letters.

"You got a mail. Sign this." He thrust a small letter into my hand and I signed his papers. Before I can notice who it was from, a voice stopped me.

"Yo, Chris!"

I grinned hugely at my best friend. "Brian!"

At the same time, my two other best friends, Van and Dahlia arrived. They were all in Miss Rig's class too, so things could have hardly gone better.

"You still working on the projects, hotty?" Dahlia asked me winking when she saw the papers in mess. In these years I've ditched my glasses and people can actually call me hot other than just well... nerd.

"Yup. You know me, duh!" She grinned up.

Van nudged me, "What are you staring at?"

"I just got a mail," I told him, pointing at the mail in my hand. He raised an eyebrow.

"Someone writing a love letter? Gosh...your locker wasn't enough you've started to get in hand notes too." Brian mocked making kissy sounds. Dahlia gagged looking at him and smiled up at me.

"Is it true?"

I shook my head. I haven't opened it yet. After they'll go to the party tonight, I'll open it. And who knows, it could be a prank letter for all I know.

"So, I was saying, we should totally go on the double date later this weekend," Dahlia informed her boyfriend who was Brian and he grinned.

"Yup, babe. You & I with Van and Willa." He answered just as happily. Then he narrowed his eyes at me.

"And you mister. Why don't you just pick a girlfriend? It's not like you have a non-dating syndrome."

I didn't tell anyone why I can't just pick a girlfriend or any girl for that matter. After what happened in the high school...

"I'll find one later. I mean look at me! I love being single and having one night stands." I brushed off the judgmental look every time they give me after hearing my crappy reasons. Thankfully they didn't talk about my non-existence love life anymore and took more random matters for conversation.

After we've talked more and it was time for the party, they all stood up and with waves walked out from my dorm. Now I was once again alone in my room with my over hyper mind and an unopened letter.

So with a deep sigh, I tore the envelope and opened the folded letter.

I froze.

Literally.

I could never forget the handwriting even I'm sleeping. I forced my eyes to read the letter and not freak out too much to actually run from my room.

"Dear nerd,

I know you hate me. I mean I'd hate me too if I was being insulted publicly in my own prom. And I know it's coming way too late, but I'm sorry.

Even if I said I didn't love you, the truth is I loved you, I really did. When you kissed me I felt this happiness inside me like I can be happy again, you made me laugh without any care in the world, you made me feel how important it is to hold on even if the whole world is pushing you towards a deep darkness, you taught me that I can be me without hurting anyone. 

But the thing is, even after your concern and love for me, I was too addicted to my demons. And my heart, ironic as I'm called the Heartbreaker, was already belonged to someone who knew my demons better than I knew them. Who knew me better than I knew me. And that made me realize that I might love you, Chris but I wasn't just in love with you.You might not know but I've several personalities which none of you met yet. Without knowing the real me, the only thing you were going to end up with was regret. And call me a hypocrite, but I am a selfish bitch who didn't want you to regret ever meeting me. And I would've never wanted it for you. Even if I refused to believe or admit myself, I knew deep down somewhere you changed me. You made me more emotional, smiling girl I kept inside, hiding.

I know I hurt you. But did you never think that I was hurt too? You broke my trust. You know, if the thing with Penny wasn't there, I would've let you down gently. Not because it was a game but because it wouldn't be fair to you.

I was angry that day, you know. When Wade hurt me, it made me a numb bitch, a player. So when I hurt you the same way, I don't want you to become the carbon copy of me.

I know after someone breaks your trust it's become hard to trust someone else again. But I want you to take the risk again, to try love or maybe even forgive me?

I'm not hoping for a reply. But if you can, just don't be like me. Cause if a player can find love then whose heart has been broken can be mended again.

P.S: I took my family name again. Alex and Max are officially dating. Kara & Myra left NY a long ago. And...Penny is pregnant. I'm surprised I even kept contact with that girl. Can u believe it? I know you wouldn't want to but I just wanted you to know where we all are now. Hope u find someone new and dating. And save the blush for a girl you're going to love and cherish til you die.

Someone who is not me.

Someone who will love you unconditionally even if knowing all your flows. Who will accept you at your worst. That's being said,

Goodbye nerd.

Your crazy annoying heartbreaker-

Paxton Helix.

I folded the letter and let out a chuckle. I admit I waited long for some kind of assurance that what happened that day wasn't meant to be. I waited for some kind of miracle. Actually, I never moved on. But now I feel like I can live again.

I can take that risk again.

With that in mind, I called the one person I wanted to start over with. After the third call, it was answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi...I want to take you out on a date Susie. You up for it?" I asked nervously. She was the one person who stood with me even after my rejection.

"...Yes, yes. I'm. I'd love to."

I smiled.

I can love again.

Even my broken heart can be mended.

♡♡♡

A/N 

So how was it? Was it the good ending for Chris or you guys want another one? I personally love this ending. Let me know your opinion!