Chapter 27: Family & Betrayal

Paxton's POV

Flashbacks

I waited by the staircase when a blonde girl with straight hair wearing painted on jeans and a pink tank top emerged. Her face structure was almost similar to mine but the difference was, she was four years older than me. She was quickly going out but my voice stopped her abruptly.

"Andre?" I asked surprised.

"Oh, what are you doing in here? Shouldn't you be now in...class or something?″ She asked looking at her watch every minute.

Rolling my eyes I grinned, "Today's off day. And Max decided to have a party."

"Occasion?" She asked almost uninterested.

"Duh, today's our birthday. If last night you'd be home then you would know." I spoke sadly. These weeks she's been avoiding or acting rude to everyone. In fact, she bunked classes, played several players which mother's complained her college professor who called our parents to have a meeting.

She wasn't like a slut. She liked to play players and then dump them. In fact, she won the title of the heartbreaker in her high school.

In one word, she was different than me, and the other girls.

"Oh." She breathed out. After a few seconds, she spoke again, "Happy birthday, little sis."

And with that, she turned around and for the second time walked out of the house without any second glances.

Now

"What are you doing here?″ Max asked bitterly. All of our faces were filled with distaste, only Chris looked confused who never met her.

"I haven't stopped thinking of family." She started by tucking her straight hair behind her ear. Her voice has deepened than before and now it sounded more mature.

But I'm still unsure about her own maturity.

"Huh, funny cause I've stopped thinking about you." Max retorted brushing her off. 

She stepped closer to me, making me stiff. "It wasn't easy getting down here when my friends are making excuses for why I'm absent. I'm risking their future as well as my own. Don't you want to at least hear what I have to say?"

No, never, whatever you have to say won't do me any good. But I said, "Talk." anyway.

"I have come back to help you. Not that you need one as I'm seeing you look so different than before. You look wise and strong. This whole time-" She said acting as if she's on the verge of tears. I know it's just an act to pity her; I'm not that stupid to believe my big sister now. When she noticed no emotion on my face, she stopped beating around the bash.

"I know you got kidnapped because of me." She said. Her voice wavered but then she smiled. I don't return the smile though.

"So, I'll help you with that problem. As soon as I got them off your rail, you all can come home," She spoke confidently. "Everything will be like it was before, nothing has changed. Not really."

I can only laugh at her words. Nothing changed. Yes nothing changed other than my parents are dead, my sister is a liar and I've become exactly like her.

Yup, everything's just dandy.

"You have the nerve to come here and talk, Andrea." Alex spat. She never liked my sister. Even when we all lived in Oslo they had a rivalry. And this time we all agreed with Alex.

"Oh, the leech is still here. Who am I kidding? She's called leech for some reason." Andrea snickered.

Before I could give her a nice punch in the face, Max beat me, "She's our loyal friend, a thing you lack sister." He yelled.