Chapter 30: Stolen Kisses

Paxton's POV

I woke up with a start. What a weird dream...

I had a dream that I was kissing Chris, just like yesterday, and then my dream-self said I love him in prom. I didn't wake up there though; I woke up after I felt guilt and regret. Not satisfaction cause then he gave me a creeping smile and said he never loved me.

I felt my forehead and noticed that it's damp with sweat. I sat up, almost robotically, and headed to the shower. When I got out of the shower I put on my clothes and I felt my head started to clear.

What was the dream about? I'm sure, almost positive, Chris cared about me a lot more than I care about him.

I shook my head and decided to just get on with it; dwelling on this stupid dream won't do anything. I head out and decide I'll get to business. Wake up Chris and go to school together. Ever since Max got himself a girlfriend, he goes to school after driving her to her school. And Alex goes on her bike as she moved out and becomes nauseous seeing our kissing in the car.

So when I went downstairs and saw Penny and Chris talking, the surprise wasn't even the words to put it out. And it seemed like both were arguing.

I looked at Penny in wonder. A whole bunch of questions bounces around in my mind. Why is she still here? Why is she after Max? Why? Just why? Cause I know when I see her looking at Max it isn't even like let alone love as my twin claims. I coughed clearing my throat and they both looked at me the same time.

"Pax." She smiled at me. I grunted and didn't return the smile.

"Where is Max?" She asked sitting up on the couch.

"Where do you think?"

"Pax I-"

"Stop I'm asking the questions here," I said sternly and give her a glare. That shuts her up. I don't know why she always makes me mad.

"Why are you here?" I started giving a nod to Chris so he can start eating his breakfast which he was doing before the argument clearly.

"I-" She paused trying to think. "I wanted to see if you wanted to rethink what are you doing. You can still regain your dear sisterly act by accepting me, please. Please. It'll make Max happy."

"No, stop the act, I'm gonna ask you again, why are you here?"

She gave me a look and but didn't say anything back.

"Fine, you don't want to talk? Then I'll ask other questions."

I wanted to ask how she still has her naive acts, even though they are pretty childish at points, but I have one big question on my mind.

"Why are you after my brother?"

"Why do you think?" She asked biting her lip.

"I think you don't get attention from the people you want so you're after my brother. He gives you enough attention that he even didn't give me."

I thought a lot why she was still here. What she confessed about her mom that helped me create a decent reason. But I was still doubtful.

She looked at me again and didn't respond. So, I'm somewhat right. I stood up and started pacing the floor.

"I see the way you live." She finally said, breaking the silence.

"There's nothing there, everything's normal, why did you think that?" I started pacing again.

She laughed at my question but it lacked any humor. "Oh please, Pax, I used to be you. So I know you better than you think. But your brother changed me. And I'm seeing you changing too. If only you take the change positively-" She stopped and shrugged as Chris frowned. I'm not about to have a conversation about me being a player in front of him!