Brighton, Please.

It has been 2 days.

Every time I try to bring it up, he either ignores me or changes the subject.

He hasn't left the house. He just walks around the house staring at things.

Or he stays in his room and locks the door. I knock sometimes, but there is never a response.

He hasn't spoken in quite some time, too.

Today we are having a get together at Zoe and Alfie's place; some sort of Youtuber thing?

I get dressed in my room, I pick out the red and blue plaid shirt, because this is a sort of occasion right? I put on black skinny jeans and blue shoes.

I grab my party glasses and wait on the couch for Dan.

He comes out of his room 4 minutes later, dressed in a black t-shirt covered by his unconventional zipper jacket, black skinny jeans, and black shoes.

He looks at me for a solid 9 seconds, then looks away.

"Let's go." I say, standing up and grabbing my phone and keys. He doesn't look at me, but goes in front of me and exits.

We walk down the stairs and out the door.

I call an Uber and it comes in a few minutes. But for those few minutes, Dan and I hadn't talked to each other, or even looked at each other.

We got into the car, and I spoke for the first time in a while. "Brighton, please." The driver nods, and we start moving.

The whole car ride is silent, except for the driver's music playing in the background.

One Direction's Heart Attack came on the radio. 

Baby you got me sick,

I don't know what I did.

Need to take a break and figure it out.

 The music drowns out with the sound of the trucks passing us.

I'm tryna' be okay,

I'm tryna' be alright..

Cars pass by and I look down at my hands.

Never thought it hurt so bad, getting over you-ou.

And - You're giving me a heart attack looking like you do.

I feel Dan's eyes on me but I don't look back.

Cause you're all I've ever wanted..

I give up and look out the window for the next half hour.

We get to Brighton and I thank the driver.

We start walking over to 'Zalfie's' place, and once we reach it,  Zoe holds the door open for us.

"Thank you." I say. She follow us in and comes over to greet us.

"Phil!!" She comes and hugs me. "Daniel!" He nods and smiles a tiny smile, and goes right back to normal.

"How are you guys?" She says, holding two unopened drinks. She hands them to Dan and I. 

"Really good actually!" I lie.

Dan seems to wander, and goes to a corner.

He's not talking to anyone, while I am enjoying myself, catching up with old friends.

Starting to believe Dan might be considered an old friend.