Dan, You Can Stop Staring.

It's getting dark out, and Dan is getting dressed.
He comes out with the shirt he wore under his suit for the BRITS and he looks as good as he did that night, maybe even better.

Dan's P.O.V

I look at him, but he doesn't ever seem to notice me.
I rub his back, as he has been complaining about it for a while.
He tilts his head back as I give it a massage, practically backing into it.
He sighs and stands up to get dressed in his room, and I wait, feeling that the room is getting hotter.

I'm thinking, I have been waiting for tonight for about 25 years.
Phil comes out of his room dressed very special.
And then I start to realize and remember.
He's dressed up for me.
He looks at me as I longingly gaze at him.
"Dan, you can stop staring." He says, blushing and leaning against a wall with an arm on his neck.
"You just look.." I gulp. "Soo good." I whisper and he chuckles.

" I whisper and he chuckles

(^^)

I can't stop glancing at him, because he's just so pretty.
I like him way too much.
I had already called a cab to pick us up, but they're not outside yet, so Phil and I decide to fool around a bit.
I poke his side, and he pokes my neck, making us both spazz out completely.
We decide to embrace our inner children and play tag on the far side of the pavement.

Phil has gotten close to getting hit by a car about 2 times in the 5 minutes we spend playing.
"Phil, you spork! You're going to trip and literally break your face!" I call after him.

Just like in 2009.

(^ remember from the last book? ^)

It's like time is repeating itself, but this time it's going to be a lot different.
The uber finally arrives 10 minutes later, and he apologizes because traffic had been so bad.

I open the door for Phil, and we both get in the car.
Two minutes into the ride, I start to believe what the driver said about the traffic.
I had made reservations for Shus Dinner a week ago, and I would hate if we were late.
After all, we're both starving.

Phil is on his phone 20% of the time while the other 80% he spends looking out the window.
I see the city right in his eyes.
It's being reflected off of his eyes; all that light, all that beauty.

100% of the time we're driving, I'm just looking at him.
His fringe is perfectly parted over his ears, making it's way down his soft face.
I shake his shoulder, and he turns over at me.
I tap my cheek and smile.
He kisses it and blushes a tiny bit, looking back out the window.

-

We arrive at the restaurant, and it's very classy.
There are women in black dresses, men in tuxedos, and we would have almost felt underdressed if it weren't for the far side of the restaurant, where other people were just wearing their dress shirts.

I see Phil relax his shoulders as the warm air of the restaurant touches his skin.
The warm air just gives me goosebumps.

The man at the stand assigns us a table, which he knows is at the booth farthest from the crowd.
We sit down, and there is a waitress at the table almost instantly.
She greets us and her name tag reads 'Paige'
But she's about 50 so I don't pay too much attention to her.

I order a salad, and Phil orders the same thing for the first course.
She brings us the appetizers at the same time as the food, which makes not a bit of sense to me.

Phil and I eat slowly, because the restaurant has so many things about it that fascinate both of us.
Angels are plastered all around the ceilings.
Chandeliers are in every corner and in the middle, and the gold light just compliments Phil's skin.
The lights are dim, and the room feels almost comfortable.

We order desert and it's mainly chocolate cake.
I glance over at Phil as he stuffs his mouth with all the chocolate cake because I have extra cash and he can have as much as he wants.
He finishes a plate, and sits up straight. The lights glow more on him and then I really really start to see Phil.

He's so..
So admirable, so alluring, so angelic.
So appealing, so bewitching, so charming and dazzling and delicate and delightful and divine.

He's just so fucking gorgeous.

People catch me staring, also. But all they can do is throw me small smiles.
"Phil. I need you to know how much you actually mean to me."

He looks towards me, confused and sipping the last of his tropical drink. "What?" He chuckles.

I smile, totally astonished by him.
I adore everything he does.

"You don't know how long this has been bothering me." I say.
I don't know if I am making the right choice.

But I swear I am.

"Phil Lester.." I say and he looks at me wide-eyed.

I gulp, and swallow all my doubt.

I reach a small box out of my pocket and get on one knee.

People start staring and chanting.

"Philip Michael Lester, will you marry me?"

I say, with tears in my eyes about to fall out.

He covers his face with his hands, and practically tackles me on the floor, almost in tears.

"Yes!"

THE END.