Carry Me

The jet lag has been worse for Dan than it was for me because he had slept on the plane.

I don't blame him, he was tired.
But now he's been trying to take naps, even when I forbid him from doing so.
I'm gonna go to the pharmacy to get him sleeping pills.

I walk instead of drive to the pharmacy because I set a camera on Dan so he wouldn't fall asleep.
So the longer I'm away and he doesn't sleep, the more I trust him.
But he doesn't know there's a camera.

"Two of the sleeping, please." I say to the woman behind the desk.
She nods and hands me two bottles of pills from the cabinets.
I pay her and then leave the store.

Maybe he'd like hot chocolate with it?
I smile at the thought of him wiping the whip cream off his lip.

Walking out of the nearby Starbucks, I feel a breeze and instantly think of Christmas?
Does that happen to anyone else?
Okay imagine this:
A scene from your favorite Christmas movie, the light in a cabin or house is dim and the air smells of Christmas candles and gingerbread cookies and peppermint.
The fire is lit by the fireplace and the old version of "Frosty The Snowman" fills the rooms.
Everyone is wearing Christmas jumpers and laughing with their coffee or hot chocolate in their hands. The room is decorated with wreathes and ribbons of Red, Green, and Silver.
And in the corner of the room is a big, green Christmas tree laced with ribbons and tons of ornaments hanging from its branches.
It's snowing outside and it's dark, but the there is light coming from the light up decorations outside.
Everything is perfect.

I go back to walking to the flat.
I open the door and see Dan laying and sprawling himself all over the floor.
"Philllll I'm sleepy." He whines.

I close the door and walk to Dan's room, where I place the hot chocolate and pills on his bed.
He drags himself over and opens his arms to me, meaning 'carry me'.
I carry him over to his bed and he collapses onto the duvet.

He sits up and I hand him the 2 pills, which he takes while sipping on the hot chocolate.
He takes both of them slowly, because he hates swallowing pills, but he hates the taste of them being grinded in water.
He drinks the hot chocolate a bit more, and I can already see that he's extremely close to passing out.
He leans to kiss my bottom lip, but falls into my chest and dangles.
I grab him and push him so that he is laying down and look at him for a minute.
His face is a but flushed, and his hair is covering his eyes.

I lay next to him and nudge him.
But he doesn't wake up. The pills seem to be working.
I clamp my hand on his thigh and rub it lightly.
I notice goosebumps forming on his arms.

He might be asleep, but that doesn't mean he can't feel.

I slowly kiss his shoulder and make my way to his neck. The goosebumps are looking more vivid.
He shuffles a bit, turning over but his eyes are still closed.

I smirk, slowly pulling down his pajama bottoms down to his ankles.
I pull him towards the corner of the bed and start to kiss the inside of his thighs, and he whines, squirming.

I pull them back up and rest myself next to him again.
Sleeping pills worked after all.

-

After 11 hours of sleep, Dan and I wake up in the afternoon.
He looks over at me and then down at his thighs, noticing the hickeys, then looks back at me.

I return with a smile as if to say 'sorry!"