You didn't do a thing.

It's another day.
With him.

Nothing feels right.
I know there was tons of emotion last night.
But truth is,
I never actually forgave Dan.

I make a bowl of cereal and sit in my room.
I play one of my favorite playlists and try to forget any of this ever happened.

But that's kind of hard, because your best friend had been gone for a little over 3 months, you have spent 99% of your time looking for him, and you start to lose hope.
But he's here now.
The house is quieter than it was when he was gone.

It would be filled with the sounds of me crying and breaking glass, throwing things across the room.

Dan walks in, obviously looking for something.
I continue with my cereal.
He keeps looking, but gives up.
He sits next to me and sighs.

"To be honest, I really needed an excuse to get in here and talk to you. I pretended I was looking for something. Truth is, you've been holed up in this room ever since yesterday."
He looks at me, concerned.

"I still need time to get over a few things, Dan.
I need time to somehow erase the things I went through while I went searching for you, the things I saw."
I set the bowl down.

"Yeah.. We haven't talked about that. What did you do? I mean you probably didn't mind it, right?
I bet it didn't bother you, you didn't do a thing."
He looks at me angrily

I look at him in the eyes. "So much. For you."
He gulps.

"You left me home. And I was worried. I tried to trace your phone, but it didn't exist. All your stuff was moved put of your room, what was I supposed to think?"

"I thought the worse, thinking you left me, you found someone else, I was depressed! I had to lie to fans so they wouldn't worry about you! I went from place to place, I rode blocks, I walked miles. I had to figure stuff out that I didn't want to do, but if it meant I would see you again, I would have done it all and more."
I look up, I want him to understand.

"I questioned why I cared so much, but then I remembered it was you." My expression shifts.
"I almost witnessed a murder, I had to deal drugs so I could get information on how to find you." I say again.

"I ran, and ran, and our house got set on fire!"
I hesitate, wondering if it was true.
"I saw my life in front of my face, I nearly died from exhaustion. I woke up in some woods, but I carried on because I needed to find you."

"I'm sure I was in a coma for all those weeks.
Hell, I was hallucinating!"
"I got seduced, but I didn't let it get to that point because I was thinking of you."

"I had to make excuses for you." I raise my voice slightly.
"I was tricked, and I felt like I was dying, trapped inside some kind of looping tunnel!"
"I went to a basement and found a dead body, and I was yelling my lungs out because I thought it was you."
"I saw it wasn't you, and I ran home, finally giving up, doubting if I would ever find you."
"I bawled my eyes out because I thought the last thing I sent you was a message saying that I hated you."
"I was scared because of you."

"SO DON'T SAY I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU!"

"I DID EVERYTHING FOR YOU!" I yell.

My breathing turns heavy, and Dan's face is mortified.