Give Me Attention.

I am woken up early in the morning by the sound of Dan pounding against my door, yelling for me to wake up.
I groan lightly and go over to open the door. In front of me stands a half- asleep Dan who is about to pound on the door again when he realizes I'm standing in front of him.

"There was a mix-up with the mail and we need to go collect it." He says, about to yawn.
I nod, and grab my phone, not bothering to put on decent clothes or fix my hair.

Dan and I walk in our pajamas down streets to the postal office. People stare at us as we almost start running.
Dan looks like a scared puppy and I look like the frustrated owner that has him on a leash.

I swing the doors open and stomp into the office.
A woman stands behind the counter looking rather nervous hands me the mail and softly says "Sorry for the inconvenience, sir.."
I say "Why does this keep happening? I mean, why our mail? This has happened twice and don't think I just love coming down here all the time!"
She shrinks down into a slump and she nods.

I tap Dan's shoulder and we walk back to the apartment.
Dan is silent for the whole trip home.
What has gotten into him?
I mean, he has been acting quite strange lately. He's acting nicer, has he done something wrong?
I learn to not jump to conclusions and let it slide.

Dan's phone vibrates and he checks it.
I try not to pay attention until I hear him chuckling softly next to me.
Something boils inside me. I mean, he could be looking at a meme, or a tweet, or anything!
I'm overreacting. I should stop. It's nothing.

His phone vibrates again and he laughs a bit more this time, he texts back with a huge smile on his face.
He has his phone in his hand for the whole walk home.
We get into the apartment and he's still on his phone, sitting in the lounge.

I grow a bit impatient when I realize I'm being needy and I should really stop.
His fingers move across the screen and I can almost hear the click effect of the keys.
Minutes go by and he's still on the phone.

I walk around him, trying to see if he would notice, but he doesn't bother to look up.
I sit in between his legs and press my back to his chest. "Daaaannnnn." I whine.

He ignores me and continues to type on his phone.
I sit up a bit and turn around. I kneel in between his legs and sit on his lap. I put my arms around his neck and bury my head in his shoulder. "Daaann." I mumble.

He turns his phone off and looks at me with his big brown eyes. "Yes, angel?"
My cheeks begin to color, and I forget why I'm frustrated.

"Give me attention" I say and frown.
"I'm all yours." He chuckles and his smile touches his eyes. <3

I melt into him and he rocks me back in forth in his lap.