A leash?

He immediately starts sobbing and I rush over to him.
I kneel by him and place my hands on the sides of his face and look at him; he keeps crying, tears rushing hastily down his face.
"Oh Phil." I say and hold him and let him cry into my chest.
He's in his clothes, but they're bloody.
Blood is all down his arms and there are splotches of it on his face.

"Phil, Phill.." I say and rest my chin on his head, starting to notice the tears in my eyes starting to form.

"What's going on, Dan?" He whimpers, not wanting to look at me.
"Shhh shh.." I say, patting his back.

He then explains to me what had happened and just everything he had happened to him.
I feel extremely upset, for him, and just everything in general.
It's kind of like someone tearing your heart out and throwing it in the trash.
And it was only at that moment that I had to throw everything away, every thought and feeling, and figure out what to do.

We spend 10 minutes without saying a word. Sniffles and whimpers come here and then, but most if the time I'm planning out things in my head.

The door behind us creaks and opens, letting in cold air, which forms goosebumps on Phil's pale skin.
A tall man- taller than me, comes in with a clipboard and - a leash?
What are the things that they have done to Phil?

I put the thought aside and the man looks at me up and down.
"Visiting hours ended 10 years ago, please leave."

He blows a whistle that's around his neck, and 4 men come in- all buff and strong looking.

They grab me and carry me out, which I realize instantly because Phil is wailing, and I hear his nails scratch against the tiles just before the big door closes shut.

I'm yelling down the halls, pleading for them to have a heart and let me see him again.
But they obviously are ignoring every word I say, because they don't hear me telling them that I'll sue and that I'm an important person..

Which I'm not.
I start to realize.
I'm just me, I'm not someone who can do anything like that.
I'm thrown out and land outside on the concrete. The door shuts behind me and the lock clicking is very obvious.

My hands scratch the surface as I get myself upright.
The edge of my shirt is covered in blood.

I wipe a bit of it off the corner of my mouth and start pacing to the end of the street.