Hungry, Weren't You?

A night goes by and I'm up extra early in the morning to get breakfast. I head down the streets in search of Pancakes and Eggs..and coffee.
I end up stopping at a small sort of diner and walk home with a bag of pancakes, and two Starbucks lattes that I picked up, too.

I open the door and Dan is already sitting at the table, on his phone. I close the door and he looks up at me and smiles. I set the bag and lattes on the table and he immediately digs through the bag.
He pulls out a box with 'Dan' written on it in cursive and hands me a box that reads 'Phil'

He starts eating, and finishes a whole pancake in less than 4 minutes, while I'm not even half way done with my first.
"Hungry, weren't you?" I laugh.
"Damnit Phil, you always cook and I have been waiting for you to get home since like 72 years." I laugh, and take my pancakes to the lounge.

I turn on the TV and flip to some random channel. I lay back and pour syrup onto the pancakes.
Dan walks in and sits right next to me, pressing onto my side and shoulder.
He leans his head on me and watched with me.

An hour goes by and we finish our pancakes and are laying in my bed, almost asleep.
I turn on my side and nudge him. He opens his eyes, but looks extremely tired.
"Dan.." I start, and he looks sleepily at me.
"Are we just going to pretend nothing happened last night?.."
He stares at me, looking quite awake and then looks away.
"I don't know what you mean." He says, something caught in his throat.
I look at him, and instantly feel ill.
"We almost did it yesterday, and you don't know what I mean? Dan, I almost gave everything to you! And all of it would have been a mistake!" I start to raise my voice.

I look away, and he reaches to grab my hand and says, "You're pure and still have your virginity, and I'm sorry. I was drunk as hell and you would have wasted it on me. I don't want you to waste something that special on someone like me in that sort of situation," he squeezes my hand. "I want it to be special."
I look at him, and feel some sort of boulder in between my lungs, because I want my first time to be special, not some drunk accident.

He wraps his arms around me and rubs my back. "I'm sorry, Angel." He kisses my cheek and I feel some sort of relief knowing that my first time will be different.

"Dan, do you believe in sex until marriage?" I look up at him. He gulps, and starts to speak.
"I-i... Well.. It comes to a point where if you feel like the time is right, then go ahead, but if you want to wait until...." His voice trails off. He looks away.

I bury my head in his chest.
"I don't know."