Both Mentally and Physically.

I make my way to the front door of my apartment when I check my phone.

It's completely filled with text messages from everyone at the party, mainly asking me if I was okay.

There was one from everyone,

everyone except Dan.

Hours go by and Dan hasn't showed up. I decide to sit in my room and keep myself occupied.

What is it going to be like when he walks in?

What am I going to say to him?

Should I tell him that I don't think we should be friends anymore?

I sigh.

Keys jingle, and I hear the door open and close.

I stay in my room.

Footsteps trail all the way to where my door is, but it doesn't open.

Silence..

The door knob rattles and it opens.

Dan walks in.

He comes over to me and stands over me. He looks me straight in the eyes, but I can't manage to look back at him for too long. We stay like this for a few seconds when I grow tired of it,

"What do you want?" I say, seconds from bawling into tears.

He gets on his knees and rests his head on my bed, not saying a thing. I look over at him.

"I've come to talk." He says in a really soft voice. He gets up and sits next to me.

"Phil..I'm so sorry." He clamps his hand onto my knee.

I open my mouth, but Dan stops me. "I know 'sorry' is not going to help my case at all, because I would need to say sorry a million times a day for the rest of my life to make it up to you. I put you through so much, and I can't imagine the pain I gave you, both mentally and physically.."

He strokes my hair, and I wince when he touches the cut on my scalp.

"Nothing I do, or will ever do will ever be able to make you forgive me, but that is okay because I wouldn't forgive me either. I'm not even going to say sorry because that won't mean anything to you. But if it does, I'm sorry for the pain, I'm sorry for the agony, I'm sorry for the nights you had to spend with knowing that I was out there somewhere, I'm so bloody sorry." he buries his face in his hands.

"Nothing I do will change your feelings, because I knew I would do the same thing." He says, but the sentence being muffled by his hands.

I have to touch my face to notice the tears streaming down it. "Where were you?" I say softly, my voice cracking.

He looks at me, tears filling his eyes, ready to spill at any given second.

"I uh.." He looks away. "Family emergency." He says hastily.

"Without calling, or texting, I don't think so." I say.

I hated the fact that he was doing this now, but I hated it even more that he was lying.

He doesn't say a word.

I scoff and stand up to leave. I walk to the lounge, and try to realize what's happening.

Dan comes in and stands in front of me. "It was serious."

I roll my eyes. He looks at me angrily. "WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO STUBBORN ABOUT THIS?!"

I snap.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO KEEP LYING?!" I scream. His expression changes.

"I.." He's about to fight back, but he stops.

My face flushes with anger and I stare at him.

He glances at me. "I guess angry sex is off the list." He says.

I roll my eyes.

"I was with Paige." He says.

My stomach drops. "You were WHAT?" I begin to fight back tears, But I'm weak and they just spill. He glances at me.

"I was organizing for her to never bother us again. But I realized I had been gone a long time. And I came back.." He looks down at his shoes.

My breathing slows a little.

I look at him.

He looks back.

I realize I can't hold it back, so I wrap my arms around his chest and don't plan on pulling away.

He rests his head on my shoulder and rubs my back.

I had Dan in my arms once again, and this time, I don't think he was planning on going anywhere.