Chapter 19

I am so damn irritated at Martijn right now. I told Roxy what happened and she says we can go. I had a few more drinks however. I walked towards the exit with a slightly foggy head and got into the car, tossing Roxy the keys.

She drove us back to her apartment building. We entered the lobby and then went up in the elevator before going up one flight of stairs which lead to a corridor that has her door.

I entered after her. None of us really said much. Way to blow the fun Martijn.

I had a drink of water and took a shower. Roxanne was kind enough to lend me some of her clothes. I gladly took some sweatpants and a hoodie.

The shower didn't help ease my tension and nervousness by much but it was warm and I feel much better having my makeup off of my face.

It's eleven now and my eyes are tired and my eyelids are heavy. I climb into bed and sigh, grabbing my phone. Roxy is watching tv in the lounge, she's waiting for me to finish with Martijn so she knows what's going on before she sleeps.

Can you get a better sister ? Gosh! Anyway... I text him.

Me: Are you still awake ?

Two minutes later I get a reply.

Martijn: Yes.

My phone starts to ring in my hand and it's him. I slide across to answer and hold the cold phone up to my ear to listen.

"What were you thinking ?" He asks.

"Can I actually explain what happened before you just assume things!" I snap at him.

"Fine. " he says.

"We were having a girls day and so we met up for coffee. We talked and stuff and then Roxanne suggested that we go to a bar---" I couldn't finish properly.

"A bar ?" He questions.

"Yes, a bar. So we were there for a little while and we got bored. Then she suggested some club instead and who was I to destroy the fun, it had been a great day!" I tell him.

"Okay, well at least it didn't happen like I thought it had happened but... You know I worry about you right ?" He breathes.

"Yeah I know, I worry about you too Martijn. If it makes you feel any better, we weren't even dressed for clubbing. I had black boots, high waisted jeans and a long sleeved top on. " I say, trying to ease then tension away. I hear him snicker and I hear him shuffle a bit.

"Good. " he spoke after a couple of seconds.

"Aren't you supposed to be sleeping ?" I question him.

"Uhm, probably but I was thinking of you so I couldn't. I'm seven hours ahead so it's six in the morning. " he explains.

"Why aren't you asleep ?" I ask him.

"I'm flying again today, going to Singapore. I leave in a couple of hours, I'll get some sleep on the plane. " he assured me.

"Oh, I miss you too by the way. " I smile, remembering that it's the first thing he said when I answered the phone.

"Well, trust me, I miss you more. How's your family ?" He asks me.

"They're all good. My brother is going to propose to his girlfriend and so he asked me to be the photographer for the event so yay! But I haven't taken any pictures out with my camera in a while. " I tell him what he's missed out on.

"Little Rosie a photographer ? Hmm, I didn't see that coming my way at all. Maybe I should look at some of your pictures, I'll show Louis as well. " he said, he used my nickname. The sound of it coming from his lips makes me smile.

"Louis should so be my mentor or something but there's just one problem, I hate being taught. " I giggle.

"I missed your laugh. " he said, I bit my lip and smiled at him.

"Tell me stuff. " I ordered him.

"Uhm. I've got lots of new music, I'm working with new artists. Oh, one of them is Bebe Rexha. My sleeping schedule is as usual interrupted and reorganized. Right now I'm feeling hungry and my toes are cold---"I don't let him finish.

"Your toes are cold ?" I ask him.

"Yes my toes are cold. Anyway, Bebe and I are thinking of doing a music video, but nothing is confirmed yet. "He finished.

"I'm loving this. " I smirked.

"Loving what ?" A curious tone in his voice.

"Hearing everything from the man himself. I am still a huge Garrixer. " I remind him.

"Oh yeah. Isn't it like 23:37 there now ?" He questioned me.

"Hmm" I hum.

"Get some rest. " he said.

"Okay. " I whispered.

"Goodnight Rosie, sleep well. I love you. " his voice still sounding rough, probably because he's tired himself.

"Goodnight Marty. Have a safe flight and get plenty of sleep please, I love you too. " I said quietly.

"Thank you. Now sleep, love. " before I could reply he hung up.

I laid down in bed with my arms stretched out and a wide grin present on my face.

"Roxy ?" I call her, but no reply.

I hear her feet padding across the wooden floor and I notice that the tv is no longer audible. She comes in and sits on my bed.

"What the hell happened ?" She asks.

"Well, he let me explain so now he doesn't think that it happened in a bad way. It helped him to know that I wasn't dressed for clubbing. We were just talking after that, I told him about Raj's proposal and me being the photographer. He told me some stuff as well. We just said goodnight now so..." I bit my lip again.

"You guys are cool ?" She asked, smiling too.

"Yeah. " I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Finally! Now goodnight. " she said and turned around.

"Night!" I said as she closed my door.

I went onto Instagram and posted a picture of Roxy and I from that day. I got one like and comment in one minute. I looked at it and it's none other than Martin Garrix.

His comment just had the smirking face "😏" and that's when I also got a message.

Martijn: Sleep xx.
Me: Fine Mr. Bossy Pants x ;-)