13.

"Where were you last night?" Louis asks, passing him a lemonade, since zayn was highly suffering from hangover.

Right now they were in an *employee meeting* hall, apparently attended by every staff member of that hotel.

"With gi"

"You slept with her?" Louis almost yells at him in disbelief.

"Holy fuck lou i didnt! We just shared a friendly kiss and i passed out on the floor" zayn explains, sipping his juice.

"Well you better did that! I mean i dont want you to go around and have stands with rich attention whores who loves to showcase their relationship and later play the victim"

Victim!!!!!!

The word echoes in his mind and immediately his eyes starts searching for liam.

"Where is he?" His thoughts comes out of his mouth.

"He?"

"Liam"

"Oh he was uncle Yasir- atleast when i last saw him"

Do i really have to fake-date my father's pet???

Zayn thinks and cringes at the thought, making louis stare at him, in suspicion.

"What going on in this mind?" Louis pokes zayn's hair and asks.

"N-nothing" zayn shruggs, acting oblivious but louis knew him better.

"Something is definitely going on here" louis says, almost to himself.

"What is this meeting about anyway?" Zayn asks, mostly to change the topic and divert louis' mind.

"To award the employee of the year" harry pops out of no where and throws his hand around zayn's shoulder, as in a matter of fact they really got close in a short period of time.

"And whats the award?" Louis asks, curiously.

"Depends! Usually its a trip to france or Sydney or any place for 2 months, that too at any point of the year and the company will pay all your expenses! Beside that you will also get your monthly salary regardless your absence" harry brags, sounding a little excited.

"Oh wow!! Sounds terrific" louis rolls his eyes, sarcastically, because as belonging from a rich family, he didnt find quite interest in the deal.

"Well rich brat! Imagine going on a trip with anyone you like and then spending lots and lots of money without someone asking you what you are doing and imstead getting paid after coming back? Doesn't that excites you?" Harry asks with wide expecting eyes.

"Well now this side of the story gets my attention" louis nods, evilly.

"And thats not even the best part! Well not atleast for me" harry continues, his eyes staring at the empty stage.

"Then what is it?" Zayn asks, awkwardly staring at his friend.

"Mr.Malik himself say some words in our honour. Like how lucky he is lucky to have us and all. The proudness in his eyes and the way the hall is in pin drop silence- sending chills down the spines! Thats crazy" harry chuckles.

But zayn??

He almost forgot how to breathe! Hangover long gone! thoughts rotating on harry's words... the pain of the fact that his own father was proud of some stranger instead of him was enough to break the spell of tears in his eyes.

He loved his dad! He really did and all he wanted to was to proof him that he is worth and make him proud for atleast once!

"Zaynie?" Niall's irish accent bought zayn back and he was quite suprised to see the blonde beauty beside him, sure didn't saw him coming.