25.

(*my story need so much editing OmG i suck!! Please ignore the mistakes. Once im dome with my fic i will definitely edit it... *)

Next morning everyone were quite concerned about liam's condition. He had his eye red swollen with all the crying he did, dark bags under his eyes with the lack of sleep and his least attention on things around him creating serious issues.

"Snap out of it, li" eleanor who was his personal assistant again yelled, bring liam back from his miserable thinking.

"Ms. Cadler i suppose you to-"

"I suppose you to shut up and listen to me" she yells again and her angry face softens on seeing tears swimming in liam's eyes again.

"You're stronger than that, okay? Dont forget your place, li! You're still the manager and this company works on you. You need to concentrate. Remember what you told me on my first day? Keep your professional and personal life separate- now what are you doing? Lets wrap this work quickly, go to the club tonight and drink our ass out? What'ya say? I bet louis hazza nd neil are in" eleanor winks at him and finally a small smile rose on his lips.

"Sure. Thanks" he sincerely smiles and take a deep breathe before checking the new project details, the one on which zayn gave the presentation instead of him.

He scans the papers and picks up the phone before the calling the right guy for the job.

"Hey Jason? Its me Liam" he says to the person on phone and flips the papers "im good- there is something i have for you. Yeah- give me the history records and the previous client list of Kingler construction- yea right. Thank you" he hangs and patiently scan the details of the project.

-----------------------------

Later that night, after working his ass off on that project and getting all the  possible details he could about the tenders he went to Mr.Malik's office but unfortunately he was not alone.

Zayn!

The moment liam eyes zayn he thinks of going back but suddenly Eleanor's words kick in and he takes a deep breathe before knocking the door catching their attention.

"May i?" He asks politely.

"Yea- come in" Yasir dryly says, converting his attention to zayn.

"Mr.Malik there is something i want to tell you" liam says alarmingly but his boss just ignores him.

"Cant that wait, liam? Zayn has some ideas about my new LA hotel" yasir says, looking at zayn who was cockily smiling at liam, obviously enjoying his dad's attention.

"Sir, even I'm here to talk about that LA h-"

"So what were you saying, zayn?" Yasir asks, ignoring liam and zayn was just as happy as shock he was.

"These Kingler Construction are offering us a decent deal and I've seen their previous work- they did a fine job. So i think we should take that into consideration and hire them" zayn suggests

"Well okay then anyway you're han-"

"But Sir" liam interrupts which was definitely not his thing. He always use to let others complete their words.

"What liam?" He asks strickly

"They do illegal work, sir! I investigated thei-"

"Liam, the detective?" Zayn buffed cutting liam which was no surprise to either liam or his dad. If not liam's it was definitely zayn's thing.

"Sir they are not trust worthy" liam reasons

"Even i saw their work, liam! I think they can be trusted. And a trust talk coming from you sounds hypocritical you know" zayn says dismissively.

Yasir tears his eyes from liam to zayn.

"They are ready to work in half the price" zayn states

"Thats the whole point! No one wants to work with them- thats why they are giving offers. Please sir I-"

"Zayn you gave the LA project presentation, right? I think your opinion should be more considered" yasir hands zayn a file and tells him good luck as zayn stood happily to leave.

'Kicking liam will be more easier than i thought' zayn smirks and makes his way out.

"Sir, please-" liam begs, tears already beaming in his eyes

"Please what liam?"

"They are involved in countless scandals, sir! All their clients have to say about the betrayals. I got the lis-"

"As zayn said" oh great now even zayn's dad started cutting liam "you shouldn't be talking about trust"

"Have i ever betrayed you, sir?" Liam asks in disbelief.

"No- but you did risked my trust" yasir shruggs.

"That was different, sir!" Liam says, almost defeatedly.

"How is it different this time, liam? Am gonna handle everything to you and you being love stuck you are will handle everything to zayn. So i thought why not handle everything to zayn in advance to reduce your work"

Liam opened his eyes wide in shock. He couldn't belief what he just heard.

"Its different because i was right there and you know it sir- i will never let a thing go off from your hand- or disappoint you. I wanted you to give zayn a chance and i am glad you trusted me- but sir, please trust me again. Th-this can turn into something serious and may-"

"Let me trust my son instead an outside for once, Okay? Leave" he says dismissively.

And liam knew if he stands there for one more second he will break out crying.

"G'night, sir" he says and walks to the door, biting his bottom lip tight to stop the tears.

Yasir sighs loudly, he didnt wanted to sound so rude.

'God why am i acting like this?' He mentally scolds himself and calls liam just when he was about to step out of his office.

"Yes, sir?" He asks, his soft red numb eyes screaming in pain made Yasir feel 10x bad about himself. He wanted to apologize so bad.

"You look tired- let zayn handle this and stay out, yeah?" He orders and his professional tone gave the wrong hint and liam felt more shattered than ever.

'Does he want me to quit?' Liam conscience screamed.