26.

Next evening Mr.Malik was busy when he received an unknown call knocking his very senses.

"Mr. Yasir Malik, I am Marshall Kevin speaking from the General headquarters. Subjectively, Your company has a contract of construction with an illegal co-operation which is recently cornered due to their scandals created in the history. We suspect your involvement and till the case is solved all your bank accounts are sealed and you're not allowed the leave the city"

That gave him a big shock to cope up! But he deep down knew that things will turn out- but that was until his personal assistant walked in- practically running to him.

"Mr.Malik" he say between his deep breathes "they backed out!"

Yasir widens his eyes "who?"

"All the share holders! Every single one of them who promised to invest their funds in the new hotel backed out- and- and- the- state bank sent a notice of our coming time limit to repay the loan- Sir! We are in high depth" he informs while panting heavily and that shock goes straight to Yasir's head.

Two shocks a day was too much. He excuses his assistant to stay alone for a while and think about the possibilities.

Nd the only one person who can give him the best advice to deal with this circumstance comes to mind.

'LIAM'

'But how am i going to face him? He warned me- I- what've i done!! Did i really choose my son above him? Neglecting all his loyalty and why? Because he wanted to mend my relationship with m-y son- H-how am i going to apologize? I ignored all his hard-work and sacrifice just because he didnt pleased me once. Was i really acting this selfish?' 

Yasir was about to get up from his seat when his receives a knock.

"Yea, come in!" He says and eyes the wanted person.

"LIAM" he calls softly "please come in"

When liam comes infront of him, giving him a chance to notice his bare face his heart smashes into pieces.

Liam's eyes were pluffy- still numb, like he just cried before entering his room. His nose and cheeks flushed pink. Overall liam looked like a mess.

He places an envelope on his table which Yasir havent noticed in his hand earlier.

He clears his throat before beginning "Sir, this is-"

Yasir examines the closed envelope and it hits him "So you going to Malibu? Yea- you should-" he lies, thinking he cant confront his issues now, specially when liam is like a kicked puppy.

Liam nods and suddenly tears starts circling in his orbs "You remember the reason why i am here, s-sir?" He asks.

Yasir nods and recalls the first time liam came to him two years ago.

Flashback:-

"Sorry? Come again? You're here for what?" He asks the 18 year old lad infront of him.

"I am in love with your son, Sir" the lad replies firmly making him chuckle.

"Then what are you doing here, kiddo? Are you two in a relationship and want my permission?" He asks raising his brow.

"Well-" liam trials off, suddenly changing the personality he had seconds ago "he dont know me.... yet"

Yasir confusedly stares at him "why are you here? As per you- zayn don't even know you, right?"

Liam shyly nods "My dad told me once- if i want someone to love me, i need to love everything they love"

"So?"

"I am here to love his family, sir- just like he does" liam says with a shy smile which reached his eyes and that very minute Yasir's heart was about to explode in awe.

First he thought liam will get over zayn and will leave soon when his love fever is gone- so he makes him sign a contract which gives liam the opportunity to quit whenever he likes but to his surprise, he was never proved this wrong in his life before.

Liam worked hard- more harder than his age and took care of everything with high amount of love and respect- not only on professional level but also on a personal base by treating his wife and daughters as his own family to a point where he almost made Yasir forget that liam's motive is only and only zayn.

------------------

"How are things between you and zayn?" Yasir asks, finally realising why liam is standing infront of him from last 2 years.

He really liked the fact that liam was brave enough to confess his love for zayn infront of him and ofcourse Yasir was definitely up with the idea -hands down.

"I am giving up on him, sir"

Liam's words hits him a truck.

"G-giving up?"

Tears flows out of liam's eyes as he nods slowly "I----- i am really grateful for all the love and affection you gave me from last two years, sir! I will never forget your hospitality" he says "b-but the thing is, sir- i realised i am not worth your son"

"What are you saying? Have you lost your mind?" Yasir scolds but softens his glare on seeing the crying lad.

"I am really sorry, s-ir but every second here breaks my heart knowing that the one i love will never love me"

"L-liam i can talk to za-yn." Yasir pleads

"Love cant be forced, sir! He definitely dont love me and i know he wont- ever! I am just not worthy-" ..... "for his love" he adds, biting his lower lip hard- feeling blood tingling on his tongue.

"Please liam stop! Stop looking so down to yourself. Zayn is just acting stupid- its impossible to n-not love you and--" Yasir searches for words- simply anything that can make liam stop.

"This is my resignation" liam says and Yasir widens his eyes, suddenly pain rushing in his chest. He just couldn't believe his ears.

"B-but Li-am thats n-not the solution, Son" he stammer, his eyes still wide and pain echoing in the left side his chest....

"I request you to accept my resignation, sir! I've no reason to stay- My only reason has always been zayn an-and now i dont have any. And i have one more request sir" he waits for Yasir to say something and when he doesnt, liam continues "i suggest zayn for my replacement and I'll be glad if you will consider it- He is capable of doing it- i know he will do a better job than me- i mean he is not an outsider, sir- you can completely trust him- i do. Thank you, sir! Thank you for everything" with this liam turns and walks away, mostly as fast as he could because he didnt wanted to hear Yasir saying him goodbye.

Yasir on the other hand just stays still- his pain betraying to reach his eyes and a sudden rush of pain in his heart knocks him unconscious on the ground.