Chapter Four

I open my eyes for the second time and I find myself on a strange bed. I climb out of the bed quickly. Where am I? I take a look around. I am in a small room.

 It's all grey, and it's only furniture is a bed. It's quite dull. Well, I should thank God that I'm not in the middle of the ocean. I wished it had a mirror so I could see myself. I finger comb my hair, and put it up in a messy bun.

 I walk outside of the room, and find him- the guy I have been seeing more often now- talking to someone. He's talking to a girl with short blonde hair and a tattoo on her left leg. “Hey," I say, interrupting their conversation.

 I look out a circular window and see the ocean. We are on a ship. Oh, maybe a ship is what I heard before I passed out! I guess I am in the middle of the ocean. I smile because maybe I will find my mom and dad here. 

 Or maybe not.

 “You're awake already?” He says turning to me.

 “Yeah.” 

 I look out the window.  It's evening. I feel so vile. This seems to be a nightmare. When will I wake up? “Where are my parents?” I ask.

 “I don't know,” he shrugs, walking over to me.

 “What?"

 “You can go downstairs and look.”

 He places his hands my shoulders and proceeds to give me a massage. I pull away and run downstairs. I see a lot of people who are all smiles. I search for familiar faces. “Mom, Dad!"

 I get nothing but a whole lot of weird looks. This is hopeless. I cover my face with my hands and start to cry, until my shoulders shake with sobs.

 “Hi,” a voice behind me says.

 “What?” I turn to face a man.

 “Want a drink?” He asks with a stupid smirk on his face.

 “No, thanks."

 He grabs my arm when I turn to leave.

 “You can't touch me.” 

 “There are beds upstairs, why don't we use one?”

 “You bitch,” I hiss.

 He laughs loudly. I grab a bottle of wine, and smash it on his arm. He lets go of me with a shriek and I run upstairs. I see people turning to look at him.

 “What happened?” The guy asks.

 I ignore him and enter the room I slept in. I slam the behind me. I continue to sob. I look at my arm, which is red where he grabbed me. What a pig.

 I hear the door of my room open.

 “What happened?” The guy asks again.

 “Where are we going?” I say between sobs.

 He rubs the back of his neck. “I'm not sure where you are going.”

 “And where are you going?”

 “I don't know.” 

 “Do you know anything, anything at all?” I say standing up.

 “Have you finished what you have?"

 "Go, and talk to that cute girl out there. I knew the moment I saw you that you were heartless.”

 “Heartless? You don't know who you're dealing with!”

 “I said go.” 

 He ignores me and walks toward me. “Oh,” he says fingering my bruised wrist.

 I pull away but he grabs my wrist again.

 “Wait, don't move.” he says before leaving.

 He returns back with a first aid kit. He sits on the floor and puts ice on my wrist. He looks into my eyes.

 “Better?”

 I nod. The pain has subsided. “Where are we going? Don't we have a destination?”

 “We do. Don't worry. They will  find us soon and return us to our homes, and maybe even give us some money as compensation.”

 “I want my parents. How can I find them? Can you help me, please?” 

 He narrows eyes. “Okay, tell me how.”

 “I-I don't know. But I need to find them.”

 “Nial?” The blonde girl enters the room.

 He turns to look at her and then back at me.

 “Oh, sorry. I didn't know you guys were- Sorry.” she turns a deep red and leaves. 

 “You can go.” I say.

 He nods, and turns to leave. At least I know his name now in case I need any help.