Chapter Twenty four

The cab stops in front of the hotel and I climb out of it quickly and Kyle pays.

"Hey, wait." he says from behind me when I rush to the entrance.

"I'll not be with you in that room again. Forget it." I say showing my point clear.

He chuckles. "You're talking as if I am crying and begging you to stay with me. It's up to you. The room will always be available for you..ah well I mean the bathroom of course." he teases.

"No, thank you." I say. His words hurt me. I know that he doesn't care if I am with him there or not! Why should he even care? What happened to you Twi?

"Leave me now. I'll do some stuff and see where I will spend the night." I look at the ground.

"You don't know where then?" he scoffs.

"I never said I know where I will spend the night. You threw me in the cab, remember?"

"Jace then?" he raises an eyebrow.

"No, not Jace then." I mock him. "Well, maybe." I don't know why I think Jace makes him kind of jealous so I used it against him.

"Okay. Take your time. Again, the room is always available and if you need anything, you know where I am." he shrugs and rubs his head. His body language is attractive...or I don't know how to explain it. His reactions and voice are so manly. I adore his voice to be honest.

"Thank you." I nod.

"See you. Bye." he waves and leaves and I stay like a stupid who doesn't know where to go and what brought her here.

I think I have to find Nena. I'm in no way going to sleep with Jace.

"Hey, I want to know the room number of Nena! Her first name is Nena. I want to see her." I say to the reception girl.

"Nena?" the receptionist knots her eyebrows.

"Yes." I nod. I hope she finds it.

"Don't you know her last name?" she asks.

"No." I press my lips on a hard line.

"I don't have any room with that name, I am sorry. She may have gone."

"Are you sure? I really want to see her."

"I'm sure I have no room under that name."

"Oh, thank you." I leave her.

Here I am again homeless. I need to breathe, to think, to understand what is happening around me. I can't believe that I didn't find mom and dad. I also don't believe that Kyle kissed me. Kyle kissed me! What's happening in my life? He's the first one to touch my lips. How come! I always thought that no one will touch me or kiss me until marriage. That's how my mom and dad brought me and I do respect that. I won't let any random one to touch me or kiss me like most of the girls my age do.

I walk till that swimming pool where I saw Kyle swimming in with the creepy girls.

"Hello." someone bats my shoulder.

"Hey." I turn around to find Jace.

"What're you doing here?" he's putting both hands in his pockets.

"Just..wandering." I shrug.

"Can I join you?" he asks.

"Sure." I smile.

"Do you swim?" he asks looking at the pool.

"No! No at all." I shake my head no. I do know how to swim but I can't. I don't hate water, I just get frightened from it. The memory of Kyle holding me in the middle of ocean flashes in my mind.