Chapter Five

I think of the things I left in the airplane. I have nothing now. Where are my clothes, toothbrush, pajamas and mobile? But most importantly, my mom and dad. God, please help me find them. I can't live without them. I don't want my stuff, I can buy others but I can't replace my mom and dad.

“Dinner..everyone, come for dinner.” A man says loudly from downstairs. I wonder if Nial is still outside with that girl. I am actually starving but I don't know if I should go or not.

I walk outside the room but don't find Nial.

What should I do now?

I find Nial walking through the stairs finally. He was probably bringing food for him.

“I brought dinner for both of us.” he says. He is holding two bags. Oh, for both of us?

“Oh, thank you. I'm actually starving..I wasn't going to go downstairs to have dinner anyways.” I smile a little and he puts the two bags on a table.

He puts one bag in front of my seat.

“Wouldn't you tell me what happened?” he says and opens his bag of food.

“Nothing really important. I didn't find my parents among that huge amount of people...and a man annoyed me.”

“Annoyed you how?” he takes a bit of his grilled chicken but his eyes are still on mine. I put a fork full of food on my mouth. The food here is really good.

“He offered a drink and when I refused, he grabbed me by my arm and offered a bed.” I tell him and open my salad box. It's chicken salad. Wow.

“A bed?” he widens his eyes.

“Yes.” I roll my eyes and eat hungrily. I'm wondering how I handled all that time without eating.

“Asshole.” he mouthes.

I suddenly find the girl who was talking to Nial, joining us on the table with her bag of food.

“Would you mind if I sat with you?” the girl smiles at me sweetly. She should be nice then.

“Sure, you can.” I say immediately after I chew my food.

“I'm Alex from Brazil.” she says.

“Nice to meet you.” I smile at her.
“Uh, sorry I am Twyla from the states.” I realize that I didn't introduce myself. I feel Nial's eyes on me as he knew my name and country without asking.

“Twyla? Nice name.” she compliments.

“You can call me Twi though.”

“Where in the states?” she asks with curiosity but she doesn't show it.

“Washington.” I drink my milk. “Where are we going? I mean you know what happened to us.”

“Oh yeah. Where were you supposed to be?”

“Florida. I was going to Florida. Where are we now?” I hope she could help me.

“We aren't sure yet. They will drop us on any near place. I guess we are near New York though.” she says and finally opens her food bag.

“Us?” I raise my eyebrow. Is she lost like us?

“Yeah, I was actually lost in the ocean. But I was in a boat.”

“Oh.” is all I can manage to say now. I don't want to go in any further details.

“But I can't find mom or dad.” tears fall on my cheek for the hundredth time.