Chapter Twenty six

I run as much as I can to reach the swimming pool. My heat beats rapidly. I don't know if I will do it or not but I would look like shit if I didn't. But I don't wanna die here. I don't think he would even wait till I die.

I reach the swimming pool and stop in front of it staring at it. It's empty and no one is swimming.

I turn to look at who are following me and I find Kyle just meters away from me.

“Here I'll do it.” I say although I don't want to do it but I will. If I die, it would be better. Not totally better because dad and mom would be heartbroken but they may think I am dead now anyway.

“Don't do it. You don't swim.” he warns.

“None of your business. You didn't listen to me and I won't listen to you.” I shake my head.

Kyle takes five more steps towards me. I think he's afraid to approach me suddenly so I wouldn't jump.

“Don't ever try to save me. Not this time.” I tell him and start to count.

One
Two
Three

I jump giving my back to the pool and I see Kyle running towards me like a tiger who finds his prey before I fall into the water.

God forgive me for everything. I know what I am doing is wrong that's why I hope I don't die by that way. The way I hate the most.

Three seconds and I feel Kyle's arms wrap around my body. It's always him in the perfect time.

He holds me and puts me on the start edge. I feel so cold, tired and dizzy. I don't open my eyes.

“Twi.” he whispers.

I don't respond although I hear him but I want to see what he would do.

He puts his ear on my heart.

“You're alive.” he tells me and I want to laugh but fortunately I don't.

“Twyla. Please just say a word.” tears wet my face. Oh, he's crying? No way!

“Please. If you hear me, please say a word. I won't forgive myself if something happens to you.” he sobs.

Oh my Lord! Is it a dream?

“Twyla, I know you're alive.” he rubs my cheeks with the back of his wet fingers.

“I know I'm mistaken but no one can touch you when I'm here.”

“Twyla. You won't leave me. I can't live without you. Yes, I can't. I know that...unfortunately you became a part of my life.” he sighs. “Wake up.”

I can't believe what I'm hearing. I didn't know that what's happening now would happen. I would jump into the pool million times if I knew that he would say that to me. I don't know how to stop myself from falling for him. I already did anyway. He's so hard to resist. Every girl would fall for him once she sees him.

“Bring a doctor.” he shouts.

“No, don't bring any.” I finally whisper.

“What?” he says.

I open my eyes slowly and find his smile grows.

“I said don't bring a doctor.”

“You okay?” he asks and I nod.

He carries me to his room and I couldn't believe that these huge number of people were watching us.

He puts me on the bed and I get up quickly.

“Where?”

“To my place.” I smile.

“Oh no. Forget it.” he grins and I stay calm. I'm actually so tired to sleep in the bathroom.