Chapter Eighteen

After the song finishes, I go back to my seat.

I don't know what brought Kyle here. He didn't tell me. And who is this girl? I guess she is one from those who were swimming with him in the pool.

“Why did he come? Did you know?” Jace asks.

“Huh?”

“Did you know that he would come?”

“Oh, no. I don't care though. I told you we aren't close at all. We don't tell each other what we would do.” I lie. I tell Kyle everything but I don't care if he doesn't tell me. I mean I shouldn't even bother to know where he goes.

“He dances well.” Jace praises Kyle.

“Kind of.” I mutter.

“Kind of?” he teases.

“I mean not as good as you.” I smile.

“Ah, thank you.” his serious expression turns to a smile.

“How old is he?” Jace asks. No, it's overwhelming who he wants to know about him.

“He's twenty.” I say.

“Wow.” he shakes his head.

“I can't imagine that I will see mom and dad tomorrow finally.” I announce happily changing the subject. I hope Kyle helps me to go there to search for them.

“That's great.” he nods.

“Three days were like three years. Mom and dad are everything to me.” I breathe.

“Don't you have siblings?” he asks.

“No, I don't have any brothers or sisters.” I didn't actually feel that I was lonely when I was young. I was everything to my mom and dad.

“That's maybe why you are so attached to your parents.” he says.

“Uhm, yeah I can't live without them but I have some people in my life who I consider as my brothers and sisters.”

“Like who?”

“I don't have many. But I have my best friend Emma, my cousin Smith. My grandma was the closest one to me but unfortunately she died two years ago.” a tear escapes from my eyes.

“Oh, I am sorry.”

“I'm fine.” I nod. I don't know why I hope that I would be talking to Kyle instead of Jace. Why doesn't Kyle let us discuss things? I don't know why I feel something strange when I talk to him.

“Glad to know you have people around you not only Kyle.” I guess he's teasing. Why should he bring Kyle again and again?

“Kyle doesn't count. I told you we almost know nothing about each other.” I huff. I'm exhausted. What is Kyle doing anyway? I turn my head to behind me to search for him. I catch him staring at me. He's now sitting with this tall girl. She's really tall.

“You should know things about him.” he presses his lips into a hard line.

“Why?” I shift.

“Because you should know everything about the guy who you are sleeping with. It's your right. Don't sleep with an unknown.” he advises. I am not going to be mad at that one because I know he's right. But I somehow believed Kyle. I almost tell him about what Kyle told me to take his opinion but I decide against it. And the word sleeping with him makes me uneasy.

“He's staring at you.” Jace informs me.

“I know. I don't know why though.” I roll my eyes. kyle is a bitch. Why didn't he tell that he's coming and why would he bring that girl with him? No, no Twi. Don't say he thinks that I like him! Of course he's not that stupid to think that way.

“I'll go to the toilet.” I excuse myself. I don't want the toilet but I really want some air and to check how my makeup looks so far. I go to the bathroom and find that my makeup is okay. I still look odd. I remember Kyle's remarks about my look. I get out of the toilet and an arm wraps around my waist.

“Oh, what?” I look up to find Kyle.

“What do you want?” I growl, putting my both arms on my waist.

“What were you two talking about?” he asks.

“How dare you ask me that! Huh? Why didn't you tell me that you are coming instead of be careful and don't drink.” I mock him.

“What were you talking about?”  he repeats but this time with a smirk.

“Mind your own business, okay?” I say and leave him but he takes a hold of my wrist.

“Stop it.” I almost shout.

“Weren't you talking about me?” he asks.

“Who are you to talk about you?” I lie. We were almost talking about him the whole time.

“So, you didn't?”

“Yes, I have a lot of more important things to talk about don't worry.” I say and he frees me.

“Anyway you were so sexy when you danced with that asshole.” he whispers in my ears before I walk away quickly. I wish I had waited to hear it properly. Sexy? I feel my heart is dancing. I don't know why his compliment has a great effect on me. No one has ever called me sexy. A lot mentioned that I am beautiful or pretty but sexy is a new one.

“I thought you left.” Jace complains about my lateness.

“No, I would never leave before I tell you.” I say.

“I am just saying. I thought you left because kyle left too.” he says. Wow, he noticed that Kyle left too?

“Kyle? Did he?” I don't need to tell him about what happened now.

“Yes, immediately after you left.” he half smiles.

“Really! I didn't notice. Anyway I don't bother really.” I wave my hand in the air.

“What would you like to drink?” he asks.

“Water please.”

“What?” he laughs. “Okay, water with what? The vodka here is really good.”

“No, I don't drink. Thank you though.”

“Don't worry if you think about your age, it's okay-”

“It's not about my age. I just don't drink.” I say. I only drank once in my entire life and I regret it.

“As you like.” he gives in.

“Talk about yourself Jace. I don't know much about you.” I should have asked that earlier.

“I uhm, my dad is a rich business man and I work in this hotel. I've just one sister. My mother is an engineer.” he says.

“Do you have a girlfriend?” I ask out of curiosity.

“Yes.” he smiles.

“Really! How does she look like?”

“A bit like you. She has your blue eyes, your long hair and your perfect body.”

“You will make me want to see her as soon as possible.” I smile. I really feel excited to see who looks like me.

“She has your smile too.”

“Oh really? She stole everything from me then.” I joke.

“Maybe.” he rolls his eyes playfully.

“Do you love her?”

“A lot. She does too.”

“Great.” at least there's someone who still dates who he loves unlike Kyle.

“But her family are really suffocating.” he rolls his eyes.

“They don't like you?”

“Yes.” he narrows his lips.

“Oh, I am sure they will soon change their mind if they just know who you are.”