Chapter Sixty one

I take off my heels and run barefooted. I cry. I cry because I wasn't there for him. Because I know he needed me. No, I am crying because I am desperate. I wanted him to need me. I am forcing myself into him. If he really wanted me, he would have come to me, hugged me so tight. But he didn't.

I keep running hearing Jakob's voice following me. He definitely thought I am crazy. I really need to be alone.

I stop a taxi and ride into it. I don't want to look if Jakob was still following or not.

"What's wrong?" The cab driver asks. He is an old man. Almost all of his hair is white.

"Nothing." I say. "I just feel lost." I sob.

"Why honey? Sometimes we feel lost. It's okay to feel that sometime." He stares at me from the small mirror.

"I loved him so much and he left." I don't know how I said that.

"Oh." He mutters. "Honey, how old are you?"

"But now I found out that his dad died. I felt guilty for not being beside him." I say, ignoring his question. I cry. I really can't stop crying.

"Who told you that he doesn't love you?"

"He didn't call or show up." I get a tissue paper out of my bag.

"Yeah but sweetheart you just said that his father died." He knots his eyebrows.

"I don't know." I mutter and keep silent for the rest of the ride.

I climb out of the car when I arrived.

"Have a good night." I say to him from the car window.

I walk to the door with my heels in my hands. I don't bother clean my face. I can imagine how dirty it is now. My cheeks mixed with tears and melted black eyeliner.

"Where were you, Cinderella?"

What! What did I hear?

I look up and yes it's him. Oh my Goddess! He never ceases to surprise me. He's sitting on the step door, wearing a blue tight t-shirt and white pants. Some of his hair fall on his forehead. I can tell he didn't have a hair cut since awhile. He's always attractive as hell. I take a breath smelling his perfume.

Somehow I am so happy to see him. But no, I look so ugly. I don't want him to see me like this after all that time.

"Oh my God! Were you crying?" He stands up. "Did he break your heart?"

"Oh." I jerk away when he walked closer. I don't know who he means by he but I can't function now. I look at my heels on my both hands and then at him. Shit. He would think I was partying when actually I left the party for him.

He takes the heels from my hands. It's so awkward.

"Why did you come?" I stare at his eyes. I really hate him for leaving. He should have told me.

"We need to talk. Let's talk in the car."

"I'm not going with you anywhere." I frown.

"Why?"

"My mom told me not to go with strangers." I roll my eyes.

"I miss the days when you were locked in my room." He whispers in my ears.

"As you said. I was forced. Now I'm free. And you are here standing in front of my house." I sigh.

"Twyla, I know that you're stubborn. But please could we talk in the car? I had a lot happening the past days. You probably have no idea about it. Please, don't increase the load over me." He rolls his eyes. Why is he treating me like this?

"Please." He begs. Maybe he heard my thoughts.

"Just for ten minutes." I don't know why I said ten minutes but I just want to put some restrictions.

I climb into his expensive black car. He closes the door for me.

"Were you in a party?" He asks looking at my clothes.

"Are you bringing me here to ask me this?" I face him. I am in way want to tell where I was now.

"No." He nods as if reminding himself.

"Uh. Well my dad died." He says, looking in front of him. "It was hard to do anything. I just wished I could have talked to him more before he died. Just say sorry for what I did. Yes, he did a lot to me but still he was my father. I'm his only son." He twists his lips. "Mom now is so weak. I tried to do my best to make sure I handle everything in his business after he died. I want him to be proud of me."

"Why didn't you tell me all that?"

"I couldn't." He shrugs.

"Why?" I shake my head.

"Did you date someone?" He narrows his eyes staring at mine.

"What?" I start remembering when Jakob said that he was my boyfriend when that number called.

"I think you heard me."

"And I think you could have called me from your number and said hi instead of hiding behind a fake number." I fake a smile mocking him.

He looks at me and then in front of him. He chuckles. Oh my God.

"How did you know?" He mutters. I somehow feel so happy that I made him laugh.

"It doesn't matter." I smile.

"Still, you didn't answer."

"No. Is that what you want to hear?"

"Yeah. But no what? Complete it."

"No, I didn't date anyone." I shrug.

"Complete it." He nods.

"Complete what?"

"Say. And I won't date anyone but you." He smirks. Oh my God.

"Who do you mean by you?" I definitely know who he means. I just want to tease him.

"Who? Of course me, silly." He half smiles.

"What? No." I tease.

"Really! Okay, I will count to three." He blinks.

"And if I don't say?" I stick my tongue out.

"I will kiss you." He leans on me. No I don't want to do that in front of my house.

"I love you bitch." I say and climb out of the car.

—————————————

Hey guys. I'm so sorry for being late! I had a lot happening.

What do you think of this chapter?

Did you miss the story?

Don't forget to vote and comment.