Chaper Fifty six

After two days:
Sometimes life is hard. Sometimes we get ups and downs. I kept locking myself in my room. Dad came thanks God but actually I was heart broken. It's okay I am strong. I can move on. I need to do. Kyle, called me over fifty times the past two days but actually the stuff he told me that day was enough for me. He knew very well what he was saying. Maybe his family forced him? I don't know and I don't care at the same time. Yes I loved him but he hurt me and I don't want to be that girl who cries over her ex. Is he even my ex? I don't think so.

College is starting in three weeks. I need to prepare myself very well for that. I don't want to see anyone to be honest but I have to force myself. I found a volunteering job for a week. I think I may participate in that.

"Hello." I get out of my room.

"Finally?" Mom looks at me with pity in her eyes. I told her everything. I told her that I loved Kyle and she admitted being a part of that surprise shit that day. She definitely didn't know that he would tell me that.

"Yeah. Mom I want to do some volunteering thing. I submitted an online form and I am expecting them to send me an e-mail. I think I need to do that." I pressed my lips in one line.

"Sure. Good idea. What will you do?"

"A receptionist for a charity program." I throw my arms in the air.

"Do you think you will be good at that?"

"I will try. At least better than just sitting doing nothing." I sigh.

Mom just nods. I know she wants me to change my mood.

They sent me an e-mail accepting me. I'm not that excited for it anymore. My mood swings are awful but I will do it anyway.

"I came here for the volunteering job. I had an online interview and got accepted." I tell the girl on the front disk.

"Yeah yeah. I just need the manager's sign. You can wait. He's coming today. You're lucky." She smiles.

I don't know why I am lucky since it's their technical problem. I thought I would start the job right away.

"You can come. I'm responsible for the orientation as well. I am Sabrina." She has cute features with black short hair and green eyes.

"I am Twyla." I shake hand with her.

She showed me the basic things I need to do. I met the manager and he signed on my paper thanks God. It's an easy job so far.

"You need to know that today, our VIP investor will come. He is the most important one. You have to meet him with a smile. Greet him very well and ask him what he would like to drink. He basically doesn't stay for a lot of time. He finishes everything quickly and leaves. Don't think way too much. He's handsome and charming but he is serious. No inappropriate talking or laughter." She warns. She gave me a lot of instructions. Oh my God. She made me nervous.

I did good so far. I met some people who wanted to volunteer their money and finished their process successfully.

"Excuse me." A voice says while I was busy looking at some paper. It's Kyle's voice. No way. He's following me then. He came here! He wants me to be fired in my first day.

"What are you doing here?" I raise one eyebrow.

"I can ask you the same question." He rolls his eyes.

"I am not joking. I am working here. Please go. Someone important will come soon. I need to welcome him well. Go. The security may throw you outside when he comes." I huff.

"Okay then do." He shrugs. "Quickly I don't have time."

"What do you want?" He is being silly really.

"Greet me well. I am the person you are waiting for. I will always be." He winks.

"What? Are you the-"

"Yup." He cuts me off.

"Don't tell me it's by chance." No way. Oh my God I am embarrassed. Are we in a tv series? Or a movie. This never happens in real life. Or Kyle is an exception?

"Twyla, we need to talk again." He whispers.

"Go out of here. I guess you said all you wanted to say that day." I want to control my temper. I am in no way want any of the workers here notice this conversation. I can't believe she gave me all these instructions for Kyle. She said he is handsome and charming. I don't care. He is a jerk.

"Was that what they told you to say?" He asks.

"It's not your business." I hit my hand on the counter.

He pulls my head strongly and places a kiss on my lips then leaves. What the hell! What does he want from me? He said he doesn't want me yet he will kiss me. Such a bitch.

"Didn't the investor come?" Sabrina comes, looking at her watch.

"He didn't." I breathe heavily. I need to go home now. "I guess he came but left. Maybe something happened with him." I lie.

"Is there anything wrong with you?" She narrows her eyes.

"No I am fine. May I ask you something. Do you inform this important investor if you hired some new volunteers?"

"I guess yes. I am not sure though. But Mr John here likes to give special services to our VIPs. But why? I told you don't overthink it." She punches me playfully. If she only knows.

"I need to go home early today. Could you do that for me? I am really tired."

"Sure. It's your first day." She nods. "I hope you had a good day."

"Yeah. I had a very good day." I sigh, taking my bag and signing for logging out.

—————————————

These days I am updating a lot. I hope you enjoy that.
Please don't forget to show your support and vote.