Chapter Twenty five

“What would you like to drink?” Tristan asks me.

“Nothing thank you.” I smile.

“No, you should.” he orders two cups of whiskey.

“Wait, I don't drink.” I nudge him.

“Are you kidding me?” he knots his eyebrows playfully.

“No, I'm serious.” I smile.

“Weird.” he mutters and takes the two cups for himself.

“Why?” I watch him as he takes a sip.

“You are coming here and you don't drink!”

“I didn't come here purposely actually. I know that place isn't for me but I just wanted a place to stay in and make up my mind to see what I should do.”

“Here? In this noise?”

“I know I'm stupid. Never mind.” I giggle and look away.

“You're not but it's not a place that you can really think about something and take a decision.” he takes a sip from the second drink.

“Better than nowhere.” I shrug. I know I am totally a stupid but what to do.

“Do you want to talk about what makes you that confused?” he asks and orders a third cup.

“I don't think so. I don't think that you want to listen to my drama now.” I look as he takes his third cup in his hand.

“Oh, you mean about drinking? I give the best advice when I am drunk so wait till the fifth cup.” he giggles and I grin.

“Nah, I don't trust a drunk man.” I tease him.

“Hey say what you want, sometimes you need a drunk man to talk to. You should have a drink though.”

“What do you wanna know stubborn?” I look at him.

“Who are you for example?”

“I'm Twyla...eighteen years old and...I lost my dad and mom in a plane accident, I can't find them  and I have nowhere till now except to knock on that varmint door and ask him to sleep with him for extra days.” I sigh. “That's all maybe?” I shrug.

“What about the varmint?” he grins, teasingly.

“What?”

“I mean who is he? And why do you call him varmint?” he nudges me and moves his shoulders with the music.

“He's.....he was in the accident with me. He let me stay with him the past days and he.....” I stop and realize that he becomes drunk.

“He w-what?”

“He kissed me.” I look at the ground. I can't believe that Kyle really kissed me.

“Just kissed you?” he laughs.

“What?” I knot my eyebrows.

“I mean he just kissed you? Nothing more?” he shakes his head.

“What do you mean? Of course nothing more. He can't do anything more.” I almost yell.

“His girl is with him then?” he shakes his cup, staring at it.

“No. Well I know he's lying but he said he isn't dating...now I mean.” I stare at the cup too.

“His girl isn't with him and he isn't dating and he didn't do anything but a kiss. Yes I'm drunk but this is not logical.”

“Why everyone thinks because we sleep in the same room that there's something happening between us! Why? I know that me staying with someone's room will make you think like that but I didn't have anywhere to stay in. Stop judging.” I yell.