Chapter Thirty six

We stare at each other for awhile.

"Hey." He waves his hand in front of me.

"What do you mean?" I recover.

"No, I was just saying." He shrugs. Why did he say I love someone else? Does he know that I love him?

"Why did you say that?" I shake my head and resume eating to pretend as if what he said didn't affect me.

"I was joking." He winks, his eyes teasing. Oh my God!

I narrow my eyes at him.

"But it seems like you really do." He adds. Did he notice anything? No God please.

"I don't." I shrug.

"Fine." He grins. I don't know why I think he's teasing me because he noticed that I like him? Like him? Okay fine that I love him!

"Today I've an interview to work in MacDonald." I change the subject. I applied for an application online and they sent me an e-mail to attend an interview today. I hope they hire me as soon as possible. I need money since I still don't know when I will find my parents.

"Serious?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Yeah." I smile a bit. "Well I don't know when my parents will appear so I guess I need a job right now."

He bits his lower lip and grabs money out of his pocket putting them on the table.

"You don't have to." He shakes his head pushing the money toward me.

"Sorry I'm not taking money from you. I really need a job to change my mood." I push the money toward him on the table.

"Okay fine. Take these until they pay you. When is the interview?" He tears the water bottle open and pour some in his cup.

"In half an hour." I reply. I won't take the money. It's enough. He paid a lot for me and I need this job to give him some of what he paid.

"I'll buy a car today and I'll see another place to stay in." He looks away so that half of his face is exposed to sun. His eyes look transparent under the sun light.

"Why?" I twist my lips.

"I think I will be here for awhile so I need a car." He blinks.

"I was talking about moving in another place." I don't understand anything but I think the fight between him and Jack wasn't easy.

"Jack's house was just a place. I mean I can afford renting a small house for a couple of...days?"

I just nod. So where would I go? He didn't mention me coming with him. Even if I worked in MacDonald, I would never afford paying for a rent.

"I'm still searching or to be honest I will start searching today." He nods as well.

"Great." I look away.

"Hey let's go. You shouldn't be late especially the first day." He stands up and grabs his keys and phone. I follow him. I show him the address that was written in website and we ask some random people about directions before reaching there. It took 10 minutes.

"It's not far away." He tells me.

"Yeah I know." I look at him as he's staring at MacDonald's door. "I'll go."

"Sure." He pats my shoulder. "Be a good girl, okay?"

"Silly." I mutter.

Two hours passed after the interview until a woman appeared.

"I think you fit for the job and the manager is satisfied." She tells me.

"Thanks." I smile at her. Yahoooooo.